Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Unbelievable - Drones might NOT have “attacked” Gatwick Airport

It wasn't a drone!.png

Just as a theoretical exercise, the following uses no names to protect the potentially guilty, or innocent, and to eliminate liability on my part. Nothing written is to be construed as making an allegation or accusing any person, corporation, or company of wrong doing. Remember, it's all theory, hypothetical, and fictional, and intended as a mental exercise to examine the plausibility, regardless of how remote, of such an event taking place.

Suppose there was a drone manufacturer that demonstrated an attitude of "owning the world". Suppose that manufacturer had largely funded the foundation of a separate company in order to develop software that would enable the incorporation of "no fly zones" in their auto pilot firmware. That firmware could not be bypassed without corrupting the system code, but by using personally identifiable information such as credit card, passport, and phone numbers a user could obtain a temporary "permission" to fly in locations restricted by no fly zone firmware. What if that company had a habit of collecting flight information said to be necessary for protecting themselves from public liability by willingly providing user flight data to various authorities? Suppose that company was owned by a megalomaniac that liked to brag about his personal net worth, and his desire to increase that wealth even further?

What if that manufacturer was subject to intelligence gathering laws of a country that exercised total population control and has a long history of of waging technological information violations of property belonging to people and companies of other countries? What if that company was a willing participant in Article 7 of China’s National Intelligence Law?

What if that manufacturer had a proven history of exploiting data obtained from their products while they were under the control of the users?

What if that company had employed political lobbyists and legal teams in various countries in order to leverage governments to adopt the company's version of no fly zone and flight restriction software as part of national or international law? Might that company receive untold revenue from other companies that were suddenly required by law to enter software license agreements with the company that developed the software? What if that company had achieved success on one continent but failed to succeed in other highly populated continents having high levels of drone sales? How might their success be accomplished in those regions where politicians, other corporate interests, and the general public had created the resistance necessary to block them?

Using the qualifiers from one of my previous posts we've already established that governments and politicians are corrupt, people will toss of a monkey for a buck, and government employees will usually do as they are told and keep their mouths shut. Suppose a drone company with plenty of money used a portion of it to bribe a few people to allow the creation of a fake crisis? A few million $$ here and there, deposited in discrete offshore personal accounts, would not have a negative effect on the company's bottom line as that money would be made up through interest bearing accounts over the course of just a few days. It's entirely possible the government of the country of company origin might fund such an endeavor in order to assist intelligence gathering efforts. The sad part is that many will do some pretty shady (treasonous) stuff for just a little bit of money. It takes very little to buy most people as those people don't consider that if they are exposed that money may well be all they have to live on while on the run for the rest of their lives. The compensation doesn't even have to be money, it could be drugs, sex, increased popularity, elevated professional status, a large increase in YouTube hits, pretty much anything.

So, could a company with extensive resources corrupt a few politicians and airport personnel in order to create a crisis that massively inconvenienced the public, threatened public safety, that would be reported by the press at international levels, with their usual level of accuracy, that would cause the general public to loudly insist their governments incorporate flight restriction technology and employ devices to combat drone incursions that are available but illegal to use in the civilian environment under the current legal structure? The end game would not only benefit the drone company, as every drone sold by any manufacturer would have paid for a software license, It would also benefit those companies that have been developing anti drone technology along with large corporate entities that have been preparing to initiate use of long range BLOS drones in civilian airspace, and the intelligence agencies of a certain country would receive a massive increase in their intelligence gathering capabilities. Many don't realize just how valuable low level aerial imagery can be, and how it can be used to augment poorly executed mapping tech such as Google Street View, or provide clear views of those Google Earth type images governments require to be obscured before imagery is made public. The intel side might well be the most important factor in a contrived crisis event.

There are a lot more possible "what if's" and "how to's" I've left out of the above but those willing to think about things a little deeper will figure them out. The question is: Could such a scenario be possible? Remember, all the above is a hypothetical exercise. Have fun with it

A theory from a friend of mine. :)

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
A very interesting well-written theory. In my 30 yrs of holding security clearances—which required twice-a-year update training, we always focused 90% of our training on one country’s techniques to steal not only intellectual data, but data in general. The only rival to Google’s data collection & mining is China. So many industries there have political arms to further their drive for economic domination. I’ve been suspicious of DJI since day one. Uniquely positioned to do so many things....

In today’s world of digital self-gratification, a country’s national security secrets can (and have been in a few instances) sold/posted/leaked for no other reason than digital street cred. It’s just not hard today for well-funded, focused & driven players to corrupt targets of opportunity for the benefit of their interests. So, I t’s plausible....................

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Well at least google maps + explorer can be cached indefinitely so you don't have to grab the maps of your flight area just before heading out, giving your flight plan and date to google.

Oh wait..

Glad I bought an Actual Drone... The owners of all these "Possible Drones" sound like trouble makers.
Soon enough facial recognition will be software included in every camera purchase. And once it's connected to the internet of things, your user experience in the Matrix will be better... And more easily controlled.

This actually has all the marks of tradecraft. Fear is created, no evidence of the incident, yet they found evidence the incident is plausible with a random drone found nearby... And still they give out the identity of a person without any evidence that they are involved. If it were an actual investigation, they would have said it was still being investigated. He's a textbook scapegoat... Attaching a person to an incident makes it real in the news. And this guy was perfect for them. He walked right into it.

It’s stunning....Looks like classic inept policing, not by detectives, but superiors being pressured from up top to make an arrest, even one based on weak evidence. Two nights in jail? In the USA, the lawyers would be lining-up around the block to “assist” in suing them...

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
Glad I bought an Actual Drone... The owners of all these "Possible Drones" sound like trouble makers.
Soon enough facial recognition will be software included in every camera purchase. And once it's connected to the internet of things, your user experience in the Matrix will be better... And more easily controlled.

This actually has all the marks of tradecraft. Fear is created, no evidence of the incident, yet they found evidence the incident is plausible with a random drone found nearby... And still they give out the identity of a person without any evidence that they are involved. If it were an actual investigation, they would have said it was still being investigated. He's a textbook scapegoat... Attaching a person to an incident makes it real in the news. And this guy was perfect for them. He walked right into it.
Are possible drones cheaper? I might be interested in a possible Evo...

Are possible drones cheaper? I might be interested in a possible Evo...

I heard the Possible EVO has a 1" sensor. Autel's EVO is much smaller.. Lol

I thought it was weird that they've already spent the money on an Israeli system over this drone that wasn't. And basically grabbed a guy off the streets without even first verifying there was a reason to go grabbing a guy off the street... You can say whatever you want and speculate, but once you attach a human face to it, it makes it real and not propaganda. This guy was arrested for something they admit may never even have happened... to us. To everyone not interested in the hobby or the career field, this guy was arrested for a drone flying in an NFZ... They don't care of it really happened or not, it's plausible, and that's all they need... Really sad to be able to see both sides and do nothing.

View attachment 3175

“Many don't realize just how valuable low level aerial imagery can be, and how it can be used to augment poorly executed mapping tech such as Google Street View, or provide clear views of those Google Earth type images governments require to be obscured before imagery is made public. The intel side might well be the most important factor in a contrived crisis event.”

A theory from a friend of mine. :)

Xmas fodder since it’s so cold outside;).

This is the really interesting part. Certain Gov’t ‘s budget BILLIONS of dollars (Euro’s, etc, etc), for “overhead assests”. These can come in many flavors, but the favorited one is the most expensive — billion $+ maneuverable spy satellites. Getting low-level-type imagery from on-high — out-of-sight, is highly coveted intel. I think stealthy high altitude drones will make inroads here, they’d be much cheaper. They may exist already... The DJI Intruder!

I’m not going to get into much detail, but declassified documents from programs ended in the late 1980’s were said to have resolutions of 1 meter (an object 1 meter in size can be clearly identified). Hexagon, retired in 1986, was built in what is now Silcon Valley, just like Gambit and Corona before it (1960, the 1st spy satellite ever made). I’ve read Gambit had incredible resolution. What do you think 2019 technology can ID from low earth orbit? It’s a safe bet it’s better than 1 meter. That would approach ID-ing a human face (with a S/W assist). I read a blog saying OBL, b/c he was so tall, could be ID’ed from orbit —within a group of folks when outside in Afghanistan.....just sayin’... http://www.nro.gov/Portals/65/documents/history/csnr/gambhex/Docs/Critical to US Security.pdf

Last edited:
Xmas fodder since it’s so cold outside;).

This is the really interesting part. Certain Gov’t ‘s budget BILLIONS of dollars (Euro’s, etc, etc), for “overhead assests”. These can come in many flavors, but the favorited one is the most expensive — billion $+ maneuverable spy satellites. Getting low-level-type imagery from on-high — out-of-sight, is highly coveted intel. I think stealthy high altitude drones will make inroads here, they’d be much cheaper. They may exist already... The DJI Intruder!

I’m not going to get into much detail, but declassified documents from programs ended in the late 1980’s were said to have resolutions of 1 meter (an object 1 meter in size can be clearly identified). Hexagon, retired in 1986, was built in what is now Silcon Valley, just like Gambit and Corona before it (1960, the 1st spy satellite ever made). I’ve read Gambit had incredible resolution. What do you think 2019 technology can ID from low earth orbit? It’s a safe bet it’s better than 1 meter. That would approach ID-ing a human face (with a S/W assist). I read a blog saying OBL, b/c he was so tall, could be ID’ed from orbit —within a group of folks when outside in Afghanistan.....just sayin’... http://www.nro.gov/Portals/65/documents/history/csnr/gambhex/Docs/Critical to US Security.pdf

Just saw this the other day... Real life Where's Waldo... It's a giant 360 panorama. Go ahead.. zoóoooooooom way in.

Shanghai Lujiazui

BigPixel. Double click the flashing while arrows to go to another area

Last edited:
Just saw this the other day... Real life Where's Waldo... It's a giant 360 panorama. Go ahead.. zoóoooooooom way in.

Shanghai Lujiazui

BigPixel. Double click the flashing while arrows to go to another area
Absolutely incredible. I’ve seen these before, but not this much data. Holy *hit. If you imagine the essence of Adobe Photoshop starting as an NSA program to help them deal with the “new” 1990’s digital spy satellites, then BigPixel represents a hint of what can be done today. Methinks today’s Big Birds have AT LEAST a 1” sensor :). Ok, probably more like 30” sensor ;)

Absolutely incredible. I’ve seen these before, but not this much data. Holy *hit. If you imagine the essence of Adobe Photoshop starting as an NSA program to help them deal with the “new” 1990’s digital spy satellites, then BigPixel represents a hint of what can be done today. Methinks today’s Big Birds have AT LEAST a 1” sensor :). Ok, probably more like 30” sensor ;)

So many people being surveilled from ground level and don't even realize it... But China wouldn't sell that tech to other Nations and then mine the data it collects... No government would. Right? lol.
Every Phone a listening post and locator beacon. Every camera an eye watching... And seemingly, to sell us more stuff...

As stated on one of the other UAVpilot forum bu a member

"
As for being watched, anyone that believes they are not has to be living off the grid. We are continuously subjected to cell phone location surveillance by every app and server within them. We are tracked via license plate cameras, facial recognition programs used with area and business surveillance cameras, Google provides personal location data to several government agencies using cell phone GPS data, credit card transactions are auto linked to the IRS, text and e-mail messaging is recorded by our NSA and employs “triggers” that alert when certain words are used in them, while all land line overseas calls are recorded and tagged for review, new cars submit GPS data to the manufacturers while the radios in the cars transmit channel use to advertisers, and law enforcement employs people to search social media sites for suspicious or criminal activity. Employers monitor all employee e-mail, text, and company phone activity performed on company equipment while social media sites collect tremendous amounts of personal info to sell to advertisers. Google admits they can tell with a high degree of accuracy if you’re having an affair using phone geo location data.

You would have to live in a cave, pay cash for everything, never cash a check, not have phone or internet service, and avoid car ownership if you want to remain anonymous, but even then Google would at some point record your image at the cave location and provide that imagery to one or more of the government agencies that use their satellite imagery. "

He also said this and he did work for a company testing drone tech for the military now retired.
"The camera capability is no joke. In 2005 I transported one with similar capability from a testing lab to an end user."

False drone sighting at Gatwick was a conspiracy by the government. NO EVIDENCE HAS BEEN SUBMITTED

False drone sighting at Gatwick was a conspiracy by the government. NO EVIDENCE HAS BEEN SUBMITTED
This is probably one of these false news and positive for drone haters that would like to ban all these drones that are a menace to their security and families... Lol.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo