Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Tuff Bird

Old Bama Dude

Reaction score
I'm still amazed at my Angry Bird, a week up in a tall tree being rained on multiple times, did a test flight, and it flies as good as ever. I apologized to it for leaving it up in that tree for a week and almost giving it up for dead. I think it's glad to be back home. :D
Test flight after crash.wmv

Also, the battery will not charge, so I cracked open the battery case out of curiosity, figured there was a charging circuit in there. So, is the battery actually bad, or the charging circuit?
Battery.jpg

Reactions: KentA
I'm still amazed at my Angry Bird, a week up in a tall tree being rained on multiple times, did a test flight, and it flies as good as ever. I apologized to it for leaving it up in that tree for a week and almost giving it up for dead. I think it's glad to be back home. :D
Test flight after crash.wmv

Also, the battery will not charge, so I cracked open the battery case out of curiosity, figured there was a charging circuit in there. So, is the battery actually bad, or the charging circuit?
View attachment 668
Is there any damage except for the battery. Video looked good, RammerJammerYellowHammer

Great picture of the battery insides, one of the best i have seen to date. You see that plug that is the balancing plug. If you had a aftermarket charger I bet you could get that sucker going again. Just wondering how you split the case?
Battery.jpg

Great picture of the battery insides, one of the best i have seen to date. You see that plug that is the balancing plug. If you had a aftermarket charger I bet you could get that sucker going again. Just wondering how you split the case?
View attachment 669
Yeah, I wish I had a Lipo charger, that might just do the trick. To open it up used a small screwdriver to pop the top off, then my handy dandy Publishers Clearinghouse saw.
IMAG1722.jpg

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Yeah, I wish I had a Lipo charger, that might just do the trick. To open it up used a small screwdriver to pop the top off, then my handy dandy Publishers Clearinghouse saw.
View attachment 670

Wow you are a brave man. one bad move and shorting it out even when it said dead dead dead it could have been still alive and big time fire. Still I like the photo as this gives me more information for when i tear mine apart. :)

I was thinking about using a dremel tool with a cutting blade but I did not want to cut into any wires :)
I was verrr-ry careful. Got me a lipo charger ordered using a Father's day walmart gift card. If it don't work....eh, I've be wanting one anyway.

I have had the top off a few times on my bad battery but never went any farther. I wonder if it can be restored with the aftermarket charger? Seems like a project in the making :)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert