Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Too slow.

That is part of my point... false or not, the quoted specs should be viewed as advertising. How many Evo II users get the quoted 40 minute flight time or the 5.5 mile range? Quoted specs do not = IRL performance. Autel is by no means alone in this... Yuneec's specs are just as unattainable.

I was not aware that the company had changed the specifications... but that only reinforces that the specifications be taken with a grain of salt.

@OldBlueHeron I do not have a high opinion of the Autel Pilots storefront, so I will ask... have you seen these changed specs anywhere other than the Autel Pilots storefront? There have been several threads on this board that have brought into question whether they can be considered a valid source of information. IMHO people should be avoiding purchasing from them.

It also bears repeating... the Autel Pilots storefront has ZERO relationship with, and is not endorsed by any DronePilots forum... including this one.
@Eagle's Eye Photo - your badge states "Staff member" does that mean you work for Autel? or are somehow connected with Autel?

I am a moderator on this board and the YuneecPilots board. I have no association with either UAV company. I suppose I should also say that any opinion expressed in this thread or any other, are mine alone and do not necessarily represent the views of the owners of DronePilots.

@kenautelevo2pro @OldBlueHeron @Saladshooter @Eagle's Eye Photo it has been my experience that most drones and definitely their batteries are nearly impossible to return once used for even one flight. I get what everyone is saying....just opening the box should not invalidate the possibility of a return, but I would think it is a pretty rare scenario where someone returns a drone without having flown it even once.

I guess if someone bought it as a gift and the recipient did not want it that could be one scenario, but it's been my experience that most camera equipment in general as well as drones are pretty hard to return once opened. Many retailers require a restocking fee at a minimum or will only offer to exchange the product for the same product. Best Buy for example is a local big box retailer, and the min you walk out of the store with camera equipment even if the box is unopened you will need to get a manager involved to try to avoid the restocking fee.

This is one of the reasons why I spend many hours (sometimes days/weeks) of research, watch a lot of videos, and wait months after a camera or drone release before considering buying it. Cameras, batteries, and drones always seem to fall into this special category that is a one way trip.

@kenautelevo2pro @OldBlueHeron @Saladshooter @Eagle's Eye Photo it has been my experience that most drones and definitely their batteries are nearly impossible to return once used for even one flight. I get what everyone is saying....just opening the box should not invalidate the possibility of a return, but I would think it is a pretty rare scenario where someone returns a drone without having flown it even once.

I guess if someone bought it as a gift and the recipient did not want it that could be one scenario, but it's been my experience that most camera equipment in general as well as drones are pretty hard to return once opened. Many retailers require a restocking fee at a minimum or will only offer to exchange the product for the same product. Best Buy for example is a local big box retailer, and the min you walk out of the store with camera equipment even if the box is unopened you will need to get a manager involved to try to avoid the restocking fee.

This is one of the reasons why I spend many hours (sometimes days/weeks) of research, watch a lot of videos, and wait months after a camera or drone release before considering buying it. Cameras, batteries, and drones always seem to fall into this special category that is a one way trip.
agreed, ordinarily this is true. certainly you don't want buyers to abuse the return process by using the drone for a trip for example. or having photographers "rent" lenses for a big shoot. understandable why there are strict limitation places on these types of items.

Reactions: herein2021

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Operational Mechanix