Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Too good to be true?

That is jaw-dropping performance. The only experience I have is flying over a small river with a lot of close vegetation. It was hard enough to do that in VLOS. This exploration of the forest is super-impressive and has many implications for use.

Reactions: Nightbat2
That is jaw-dropping performance. The only experience I have is flying over a small river with a lot of close vegetation. It was hard enough to do that in VLOS. This exploration of the forest is super-impressive and has many implications for use.
There are videos on the web of FPV pilots, flying with attached GoPros, performing equally close encounters and at substantially higher speeds.

Little girls can fly this drone. Perfect for some of you.

Do yourself a favour if you haven’t done so already: download the app and read the caveats on the safety page, particularly the bit about not being able to avoid all moving objects, which suggests that he who holds Excalibur will be okay, but what about the rest?

I reviewed their latest YT video posted Oct. 1 so I could see what they were advertising. My internet connection was too slow to get any of their web page videos to work. Now that I see what they are promoting I would say that 99% of the folks purchasing this drone will never use it as the marketing video promotes. As an example, out of a few hundred EVO videos on YT I've watched to date, I've not seen but a couple that were actually tracking anything other than the pilot or his kid walking in the park or maybe a boat or their vehicle. (Excluding Autel videos)

From a cinematography perspective, the erratic framing of the camera following a fast moving target on a mountain trail through the "jungle" is almost useless. More than six seconds of that and the viewers will get motion sickness and bail. Much better footage and perspective is gained by putting a GoPro on a bike rider following the leader as we have seen many times on TV extreme sports shows.

But I don't criticize the developers at all and give them a high five for what they have perfected in obstacle avoidance technology and AI so far. That is going to be HUGE in the future, especially for commercial delivery drones flying in unknown territories with untold things to avoid. So I feel this company's GOLDEN GOOSE is going to be licensing the patents to all the commercial drone developers and NOT by selling a handful of recreational sport drones.

So for the consumer like you and me, and even those 107's making money with their drones, I don't think this bird will be much more than an entry in the history books' timeline. The only feature it has that I would like is auto-tracking a subject with elevation changes. I was experimenting with that the other day with the EVO on a hunch I might find a manual backdoor but the hillside foiled each of my attempts. I still have another idea to test.
Apparently it cannot be guaranteed to avoid moving objects other than the person controlling it—at least according to how I read the safety section of their own app. Could be interesting if it came across a bear sh*#ting in the woods.

Apparently it cannot be guaranteed to avoid moving objects other than the person controlling it—at least according to how I read the safety section of their own app. Could be interesting if it came across a bear sh*#ting in the woods.
The bear would be stationary at that moment.

The bear would be stationary at that moment.
A startled bear can multitask. Trust me. And never, ever, be on the second or subsequent elephant when they are in one line straining uphill.

No longer taking orders, all sold out for now. Off to a good start it seems. Hope all the pre sales will help them ramp up production later in 2020.

78724579_10157768686804254_2497506173905797120_o.jpg

That thang shore looks like needs some longer lags on it thar. Why if'n I wasta land that thang out in the pasture whar the cows is, and it hit on one of them thar cow patties, well it would be a shore nuff mess, specally one au them freshins.... ?‍♂️

That thang shore looks like needs some longer lags on it thar. Why if'n I wasta land that thang out in the pasture whar the cows is, and it hit on one of them thar cow patties, well it would be a shore nuff mess, specally one au them freshins.... ?‍♂️
Screenshot_20191202-130543_Firefox.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: butch
Kids these days and their hand catching. What can you do?

LOL
Well I'm not a kid anymore but for the last 6 months I have been hand launching and hand landing my Parrot Anafi as its pretty darn simple and safe to do. in this video of the Shydio 2 she makes both look simple as well. Having the larger belly pan to grab onto would make it even easier then the Anafi I would think.

LOL
Well I'm not a kid anymore but for the last 6 months I have been hand launching and hand landing my Parrot Anafi as its pretty darn simple and safe to do. in this video of the Shydio 2 she makes both look simple as well. Having the larger belly pan to grab onto would make it even easier then the Anafi I would think.

Amazing OA, but not exactly cinematic ‘follow-me’. Imagine that will get better as they update the software.

Ya I have mentioned on a few forums for the soft video I see in some of the uploaded videos. Lately though they seem to be getting better. Not sure if it was a firmware update or just a better reviewer that knows how to set the camera up.

Hmm. Does the Skydio 2's OA work 360? How the heck does the drone evade obstacles when going down, backwards, etc?

Hmm. Does the Skydio 2's OA work 360? How the heck does the drone evade obstacles when going down, backwards, etc?
Apparently it does—4k cameras all round. Some of the follow me stuff reminds me of somebody peeking through the lace curtains.

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain