Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

To zoomn or not to zoom?

John Ford

Reaction score
I have seen several videos that seem to indicate the the X-Star Premium with the latest software has a 2x digital zoom capability. But none of the videos show how to access the zoom feature. Can the XPS zoom or not. And if so, how do you do it. Thanks.

johnf

There was a firmware that came out last year and was taken down because some people were having problems with it. That firmware with the right app allowed you to zoom. I have tried to revert back to that firmware but the XSP will not do it.

Agustine. do you happen to remember what the number of that software version was? I can check my system and see what version I have. Also, are you reffering to the starlink app version? Thanks.

johnf

I believe it was X-Star Premium Version 1.2.8: X3P_FW_900M_V1.2.8.bin that came out last Aug.
I can't remember which Starlink app you needed or if it mattered for it all to work.

How do you find out the firmware version for the quad is? I don't see it listed in the firmware list on the starlink app general settings.

johnf

You need to be in the firmware list as you mentioned, it will not show up as the firmware number that we download. If you are up to date your FC (flight control board) should read V1.08.42.
I have seen people who are up to date but for some reason the .42 is a different number.
Hope this helps.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonalsBerigon310