Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Time for a New Phone... Red Hydrogen One?

Fly-a-holic

Reaction score
I would like to ask if anyone here has the Red Hydrogen One mobile phone and if so, Does it work well when flying a drone? This phone has a killer battery but screen brightness is what it lacks and that's pretty important on a sunny day. I wonder how the holographic display works with the video feed?
Any feedback will be much appreciated.

I would like to ask if anyone here has the Red Hydrogen One mobile phone and if so, Does it work well when flying a drone? This phone has a killer battery but screen brightness is what it lacks and that's pretty important on a sunny day. I wonder how the holographic display works with the video feed?

Seems plausible but the price is beyond reach of many for it to be dedicated for that purpose alone.
For me with very slightly more display at 6.5 " I will stick with the Huawei Honor 8X. It has no barometer as a shortcoming
which I don't need personally and at $250.00 one can't go wrong. Check it out !

I would stay away from gimmicky phones like that. Get a dedicated Moto G6 or G7, or just get a used samsung device. They work very well and aren't that expensive.

I would stay away from gimmicky phones like that. Get a dedicated Moto G6 or G7, or just get a used samsung device. They work very well and aren't that expensive.

I wouldn't say that it's a gimmick phone. The Hydrogen One is awesome! I just simply wanted some feedback on how the graphics were when displaying live feed from the drone.
I personally would not own another Samsung product and Motorola is on its way out as I have experienced failures in the last two I have owned before the two years was up.
I am seriously thinking of switching to a tablet for my drones anyhow.

Seems plausible but the price is beyond reach of many for it to be dedicated for that purpose alone.
For me with very slightly more display at 6.5 " I will stick with the Huawei Honor 8X. It has no barometer as a shortcoming
[/QUOTE

Thanks! I'll have to check it out. I really haven't ever had a dedicated phone or device for my drones. I just use my every day cell phone. I can see that being handy especially when a friend or family member wants to fly my other drone with me.

Or just use the controller screen. That's what I usually does when I need to do a quick flight.

Reactions: Nightbat2
Or just use the controller screen. That's what I usually does when I need to do a quick flight.
I haven’t yet flown my Evo with anything but the controller. I have an iPad Pro 12.9 but it is way too heavy and cumbersome as a flight tool. Am thinking of buying a dedicated 8 inch tablet just for use with the Evo. The controller screen, though very good, is too small for use when you get a couple of hundred metres out—especially against the sun.

Yep! I use the controller screen sometimes but it's too small for me to completely trust myself with it. I'm use to most of the settings and their location when using a mobile device.
As for a tablet on the Evo, you need a neck strap to hold the tablet in the right position. The the weight that the mount has to hold will only be the controller itself.

I had never heard of the Red Hydrogen One until you mentioned it and decided to look it up. From what I gather, the Explorer app will run like any other phone. The only times you will see the holographic view are when you take a photo or you used an app that was designed that way. It's a bit expensive to pay $1,300 for a dedicated phone, but if you can, why not?

I was looking at the hype and specs of the Red Hydrogen One and then got turned away by the reviews.... just sayin .....

I had never heard of the Red Hydrogen One until you mentioned it and decided to look it up. From what I gather, the Explorer app will run like any other phone. The only times you will see the holographic view are when you take a photo or you used an app that was designed that way. It's a bit expensive to pay $1,300 for a dedicated phone, but if you can, why not?

What really attracted me is the outside appearance and the battery life. It has a rather high capacity battery. I haven't done a whole lot of reading but you are probably right about the Explorer app running as it would on any other phone. I remember hearing someone in a video say that there was only a handfull of 3D apps for the phone.

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy