Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Thoughts on Mini Mount parachute

So you would rather take your chances with it falling out of the sky like a rock?
Just FYI I do not push the limits, I do not fly beyond LOS, I never run to low battery warnings and I do not fly over people but you cannot control when something goes wrong and it fly's off on it's own and then decides to hover somewhere at 300' and then fall out of the sky when the battery dies....and yes that happens just read these forums.
first off you don't hear about flyaways with autel .also if it did what you said would go into low battery and come down to earth and land not just drop out of sky

first off you don't hear about flyaways with autel .also if it did what you said would go into low battery and come down to earth and land not just drop out of sky
I have read reports about flyaways with the X_Star and the other reports of battery issues where it goes into RTL mode and flys back then just hovers at altitude until the battery runs out and it shuts down and falls out of the sky. So yes the Autel has issues just like the rest of them so thinking the Autel is immune to these type of problems is wrong.
The chute systems would just add a small extra level of safety. They are completely standalone systems and do not require any connection to the drone electronics so they will deploy even on loss of connection or a dead battery. They have a freefall sensor that deploys the chute when it falls. It still comes down fast but not fast enough to kill someone I hope.
As I said before I do not own a chute system yet and I'm watching them to see how they perform in the future.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials