Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

This may be dumb, but what if....

Old Bama Dude

Reaction score
What if you attached wheels to the landing gear? Could you roll along the ground before taking off? Going from an extreme low level ground shot to a high level shot would be kinda cool. I know some companies make a drone that does that, but I'm pretty sure they have separate motors to drive the wheels.

What if you attached wheels to the landing gear? Could you roll along the ground before taking off? Going from an extreme low level ground shot to a high level shot would be kinda cool. I know some companies make a drone that does that, but I'm pretty sure they have separate motors to drive the wheels.
I do Love WHAT IF questions.......
Truly I do

Have to be something light, spread out a little wider than the landing gear. Take off, then come back down as close to the ground as possible, start moving forward fast, hit a big rock dead center, and completely destroy the camera assembly. :mad:

A quadcoptor moves on the X & Y axis by tilting the quad. It won't tilt on conventional wheels. You could always make a dolly that you could take off from and pull or push it out of the camera view.

I'd also think you'd see every little bump in the video. I don't think the gimbal stabilizer would smooth that out.

Maybe just practice flying a few feet off the ground. You could walk along behind it to make sure it's not descending and to watch for obstacles.

A quadcoptor moves on the X & Y axis by tilting the quad. It won't tilt on conventional wheels. You could always make a dolly that you could take off from and pull or push it out of the camera view.
I could make a platform on top of my RC truck, sit the drone on there, but then I need someone to drive the truck, while I lift off with the drone. This is getting too complicated!:confused:

Reactions: Bigbit
OBTW...... Two wooden dowels about 15" tie wrapped to the landing skids make it impossible to tip over.
Ugly, Yep but so am I :)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials