Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Thermal analysis tools?

Bee

Reaction score
Hello, I just got the Evo II Dual 640T V3- I am unsure how to analyze my thermal footage. I was surprised when I looked at the footage post flight, that the temperatures were not recorded onto the footage. I see DJI has downloadable software, does it support Autel footage? I also saw there are videos about Autel software but I can't find where to download it. How do you analyze your thermal footage?? Is there an option that I am missing to embed the temps in the footage?

Thank you :)

To answer your questions,

No DJI's Thermal Analysis Tool does not work with your 640T.
Also to note, FLIR Tools does work with the Evo 2 Dual V1 with FLIR Boson sensor.
You can purchase a thermograph converter that will convert Autel or DJI thermographs to RJPEG or RTIFF that will work in FLIR Tools and some other software.

Autel's proprietary thermal tool is easiyl found on their website. Link below
Link to Autel Thermal Tool

In your post are you talking about images or video? It doesn't work on video.

Thank you so much!!! I very much appreciate your reply.

Hi All, I am really confused. I just bought a V2 640T so it’s not the older V1. I thought I would be getting the Infiniray Thermal Sensor but the box clearly states Flir Thermal Camera. It shows temperature readings well, I can see them on the screen, in the IRC Pro Too and create a “passable” reports, not as nice as Flir Tools Or Studio…would be. So, if it has a Flir Thermal why can’t I use Flir Tools? It does not put out the .RJPEG or .RTIFF type file. It is clearly radiometric since I can see the temperatures all over the image and I can process them in the tool.

My guesses.

You do not have a FLIR thermal sensor. You state that the thermal image works in the Autel Thermal IRC Pro Tool. Try the image in FLIR Tools or Studio. If it does not work, then it is not a FLIR thermal sensor.

Also a radiometric JPEG does NOT end in RJPEG. It ends in JPG. But some FLIR hardware will have an R just before the . to inform you it is an RJPEG. Example Image1R.JPG

1702243461296.png

You can purchase a thermal convertor tool to covert your files into a FLIR Tools compatible file.

My guesses.

You do not have a FLIR thermal sensor. You state that the thermal image works in the Autel Thermal IRC Pro Tool. Try the image in FLIR Tools or Studio. If it does not work, then it is not a FLIR thermal sensor.

Also a radiometric JPEG does NOT end in RJPEG. It ends in JPG. But some FLIR hardware will have an R just before the . to inform you it is an RJPEG. Example Image1R.JPG

View attachment 16828

You can purchase a thermal convertor tool to covert your files into a FLIR Tools compatible file.

I’ll try Flir Studio to see if it works, really strange as the packaging says Flir but I also have my doubts. Honestly the IRC Pro does the job but it’s limited and clumsy.
I found a tool (ThermoConvert 1.7) also that says it can convert any files to a Flir Studio friendly file type but they all seem to cost a few hundred a year or $1,000 for a lifetime account but the Autel says 640T is in beta? They have a trial pack to try it for 20 thermograms so I’ll do that and see.
I really appreciate the reply. It you use the 640T and advice or tips for flying missions, mapping would be greatly appreciated 😀

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan