Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The small drift issue after upgrading Evo II’s firmware to v2.5.0.

I’m still drifting right and left... reconsidering a 40k investment in thermal aircraft. Suddenly the ANAFI USA may be where we spend our money. Definitely holding on buying any more Autel for now.

Recalibrated Control’s and compass multiple times... seems to be wind related. Just too much drift for a $10k investment.

I normally recalibrate everything after an FW update and did it this time but got the drift to the left.
I went back and recalibrated the controller and compass and that seems to have fixed the problem.
Now, to work on the distance. I’m guessing that to get the type of distance advertised, you’ll need to either to to the Texas Panhandle or the Salt Plains.

Edit: I looked at the videos from this morning and after the calibrations, the Evo 2 is still drifting to the left. I think I’ll call Autel to let them know.

Last edited:
Reactions: PingSpike
I just called Autel, talked to Thomas and told him what my Evo 2 was doing and also told him that there were others on this forum experiencing the same.
Thomas says it is good for everyone to call in and report what is going on with your drone as the more that call, the sooner a FW update will come so please take the time to call 1-844-6928835.

Reactions: PingSpike
I'm unable to escape the drift to the left too, no matter how many times I calibrate or how long I fly. I also called Autel and mentioned this thread in my ticket, as well as the cracks thread which I also discovered on both sides of my fuselage in the same spot everyone else has. Can't catch a break all of a sudden.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller