Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The small drift issue after upgrading Evo II’s firmware to v2.5.0.

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Weituo ARto OFFICIAL Autel Robotics Owners
iftSpamo1nso rhehdr ·

Hi EVO 2 users,

Thank you to the users that reported the small drift issue after upgrading Evo II’s firmware to v2.5.0. We have confirmed the drift only occurs during the first couple of minutes into your flight. The problem is caused by intense interference to the compass. Performing a compass calibration will help to alleviate the problem significantly.
Below are our test results before and after a compass calibration for your reference. After the calibration, we found only a slight drift when starting the flight. Our engineers are still working on reducing the possibility of the compass being interfered with in a future firmware update.
For compass calibration, you need to open your Autel Explorer app, go to Settings, select Flight Control, and you will see Compass Calibration on the right. You may also refer to the compass calibration instruction video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7lMPaf0mLE.
If you still encounter the drift issue after calibration, please contact our technical support team: give us a call at 1-844-MY-AUTEL (692-8835), email us at [email protected], or chat with us online at auteldrones.com.
Thank you for your continued support!

117337941_333239408050845_794630946597994287_n.jpg

Seems they are working on this problem.

I hope Autel is working on the other problems, not just this one. Performed Compass calibration again and problem along with others still there, problems are more severe than needing a Compass calibration.

All I can do is wait, went back to Mavic 2 Pro not using Evo 2 Pro until they fix these issues.
Paul

Reactions: parkgt
One thing I have learnt about Autels updates over the years they will fix one problem and create another. LOL
The second thing I have seen is some will have a problem solved in the update and others that never had a problem in the first place suddenly have a issue. ?

I'm not a code writer but have looked at some in a Hex editor and boy I can see where one bad number can screw things up. Hopefully they have the team working on this problem and solving it.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I hope Autel is working on the other problems, not just this one. Performed Compass calibration again and problem along with others still there, problems are more severe than needing a Compass calibration.

All I can do is wait, went back to Mavic 2 Pro not using Evo 2 Pro until they fix these issues.
Paul
Nice to have a reliable backup! Can't part with my M2P either, I rely on it for 107 work and looks like I will have to continue to.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I did have a compass error warning for the first time upon startup the other day. First time that has ever happened since receiving my Evo II in the beginning of March. I performed a compass calibration and my 2.5.0 FW issues still persist post calibration. I’m just hoping for a fix very very soon.

I just took the Evo 2 Pro out for a test flight 2 hours ago since their Facebook update yesterday. Guess what, I did a compass calibration before my flight and the problem is STILL THERE. Let me tell you the compass calibration DOES NOT alleviate the issues as they claim in there statement. At least not on my Evo 2 Pro. Extremely disappointing. They need to fix this as @Cicero24 mentioned, VERY VERY SOON.

All Autel would need to do to get out of this situation would be to renumber 2.3.3 to a number higher than 2.5.0 that we could then upgrade to. That would get us back to a stable version while they try to figure out how to fix what they broke. How long would that take!

All Autel would need to do to get out of this situation would be to renumber 2.3.3 to a number higher than 2.5.0 that we could then upgrade to. That would get us back to a stable version while they try to figure out how to fix what they broke. How long would that take!

Exactly. Either that or somehow enable us pilots to downgrade to the past firmware. At least then we would be able to fly a stable aircraft.

By the way, were you also able to test their questionable theory about the compass calibration?

Reactions: Andrew01
Exactly. Either that or somehow enable us pilots to downgrade to the past firmware. At least then we would be able to fly a stable aircraft.

By the way, were you also able to test their questionable theory about the compass calibration?
Hope to later today.

I tried the compass calibration, first run it still had some drift and yaw. The CS rep on the Autel Ownere FB page said it would get better further into the flight and it did. It was never dead on but the compass calibration and more time in the air did lessen the issue.

Landed and swapped batteries and the yaw was back but it did settle down with more time in the air. Drift was still minor but not as bad as before compass calibration. I don't know if this will hold or if a compass calibration will be required each session.

As was mentioned to me, some seem to not have the issue and my idea of a dummy roll back with new numbers would deprive them of the benefits of the 2.5.0 update.

Still hoping they clean this up with a future update.

YMMV

I’m not impressed. No matter how big or small, there is still an issue with the compass at the moment for those of us who are having issues on our $2000 drone. I’m not up for wondering my whole flight if the compass is going to go berserk and have a toilet bowl effect while flying like that YouTube guy CrazyPatrick had back in March. That incident was due to compass interference too. My recalibrations haven’t done much. I have also been getting random propulsion problems where the drone will only fly 4.6 mph max with no wind or obstacles. I’m going to be patient and hope for the best in a HOPEFULLY SOON update, but my patience is fading and this is supposed to be a pleasure, not frustrating.

Reactions: UAV8 Drones
I’m not impressed. No matter how big or small, there is still an issue with the compass at the moment for those of us who are having issues on our $2000 drone. I’m not up for wondering my whole flight if the compass is going to go berserk and have a toilet bowl effect while flying like that YouTube guy CrazyPatrick had back in March. That incident was due to compass interference too. My recalibrations haven’t done much. I have also been getting random propulsion problems where the drone will only fly 4.6 mph max with no wind or obstacles. I’m going to be patient and hope for the best in a HOPEFULLY SOON update, but my patience is fading and this is supposed to be a pleasure, not frustrating.
I think in your case you should call Autel.

I opened a ticket on Monday. Sent them 4 videos of the issues I am having. Horizon issues, yaw creep, yaw gimbal tilt that doesn’t reset, random drop outs even when showing full signal, gps and starlink switches with 15 satellites, and now some weird random propulsion issue where the drone will only go 4.6 mph with the stick maxed out with no obstacles or wind. Oh yeah! To top it off...I’m getting a crack beginning on the left side of the drone above the SD card slot at the seam of the body shell. Mind you, I baby this thing and have only had it since March! I still haven’t heard back from Autel CS yet with any sort of solution or answers. This is weathering my patience.

That's why I said "in your case". Did you get a response? If not, calling is usually better in these times.

Called and spoke with Thomas at Autel today, recently opened a ticket and followed up with the call this afternoon.

Based from today’s conversation with Thomas, they are aware the latest firmware may have caused issues based from the number of users contacting them. However, a couple of the issues are not related with same issues some users including myself are experiencing. I think that may be adding confusion to Autel, not knowing which issues are from latest firmware update and which issues are not firmware related.

Please contact Autel if you are experiencing issues especially due to the latest firmware update, they need additional information from us to determine which issues are from the latest firmware update. And if you previously contacted Autel with a problem, please specify if issue is newest firmware related or problem occured from another reason. I think thats important, we need to relay this to Autel the best of our ability how and when these issues occured.

Let’s have patience, they’ll eventually fix these problems with another update.

Paul

I noticed right after the update that my E2 drifts to the left while trying to fly straight.
Took it back out this morning and before flying did a compass calibration...still drifts to the left.
Also today, a couple of times there was a glitch of some kind that made the drone look as if it was going to fall from the sky. Kind of like turning the switch off and back on real quick, that kind of reaction.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I noticed right after the update that my E2 drifts to the left while trying to fly straight.
Took it back out this morning and before flying did a compass calibration...still drifts to the left.
Also today, a couple of times there was a glitch of some kind that made the drone look as if it was going to fall from the sky. Kind of like turning the switch off and back on real quick, that kind of reaction.

I suggest giving your findings to Autel. Every negative response will help them improve the firmware. Unfortunately you guys are the beta team weather you like it or not.

Reactions: skipper1
I updated before knowing about the firmware concerns. This AM, I took a couple flights and sure enough, it was drifting left.

I calibrated the remote control and it now flies true.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials