Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The new beta firmware program V1.4.5

We need a light weight, stick like attachment to the bottom of the Evo to hand launch/catch....
Anyone with a 3d printer up to the challenge?

So I got the beta apps for both my Android and iOS devices. Where can I find the firmware for the drone? I can't find it in Autel's website.

For those that have loaded it, what are your thoughts on the stability of the firmware? Since you can't downgrade, have you noticed any issues, or just features or feature bugs?

LP

So I got the beta apps for both my Android and iOS devices. Where can I find the firmware for the drone? I can't find it in Autel's website.

Reactions: Ansia
Thanks, but that just gets you registered, so you will be notified when a beta something comes out. I already found out that there is no new beta firmware, just the apps.

Reactions: Beeperbee
Thanks, but that just gets you registered, so you will be notified when a beta something comes out. I already found out that there is no new beta firmware, just the apps.

Wait...isn't this thread ABOUT beta firmware v1.4.5? I thought the current released version was 1.3.46? Or do you mean that they just updated the apps and stayed on beta 1.4.5?

LP

Reactions: Beeperbee
Wait...isn't this thread ABOUT beta firmware v1.4.5? I thought the current released version was 1.3.46? Or do you mean that they just updated the apps and stayed on beta 1.4.5?

LP
I don't know what firmware is current. I couldn't find a beta one. I will check when I get home. Autel had my bird for the past month. I haven't tried boat mode, but missions work well.

The link from the first post works. Once you complete the signup, it pulls up the download page which should be:

I was on the fence about loading the beta firmware until I missed out on some great video a couple days ago because the waves were to big and the boat not stable enough to allow flight.

I downloaded and have done a couple short flights. Hand launch and retrieval is a bit intimidating at first but there is a large area to grab the drone on it's underside. I practiced several launches/retrievals and I'm quite comfortable now doing this on solid ground. Next step is the boat. I will admit that I wore leather gloves on the first few retrievals but they came off when I realized I lost my gentile touch on the sticks.

I did have some gimble issues after the new firmware was installed but a gimble calibration cured that.

On my flight to verify gimble calibration I was having so much fun I neglected to monitor my battery level. When I was awoken with the RTH announcement I was able to cancel it and return to my hand as in the previous flight.

Flying out here on the Alaskan Peninsula I'm very excited to not have to go ashore for launch and retrieval. The shore here has animals that eat easy prey like a drone pilot paying attention to his device screen and not to them.

This "feature" should probably not be called "Boat Mode" but instead "Hand Launch" mode. Also, when trying to catch the Evo at the end of a flight by hand... regardless if you are on a boat or not, you should turn OFF the Visual Obstacle Avoidance and maybe even the Downward Vision Positioning. Those settings would make it easier to catch and the Evo would not try to fly up when your hand comes in from the bottom.
And finally, it would be nice if there was some other way to start the motors/arm the Evo that didn't require 3 hands!
But overall, Kudos to Autel for listening to their customers and adding this feature. I hope it does not compromise the drone's stability or performance. I'm eager to do some testing.

I didn't experience the EVO trying to fly up when I reached for it. I had the VAO and the DVP both active. Not sure if they made an adjustment to the program or if I was grabbing it before it could react. I had read this and was expecting it to fly up but it just let me grab it.

I do hope in the final release they allow us to start the rotors with a single finger, possibly when we switch to boat mode we are warned that holding the left stick inward and down for 3 sec will start the rotors. maybe push and hold the launch button???

I didn't experience the EVO trying to fly up when I reached for it. I had the VAO and the DVP both active. Not sure if they made an adjustment to the program or if I was grabbing it before it could react. I had read this and was expecting it to fly up but it just let me grab it.

I do hope in the final release they allow us to start the rotors with a single finger, possibly when we switch to boat mode we are warned that holding the left stick inward and down for 3 sec will start the rotors. maybe push and hold the launch button???
Then when you press the stick inward and down, it will tutn off motors mid flight. Get someone to hold it for you.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy