Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The difference between distance interval and time interval for taking photos during a mission.

bisenberger

Reaction score
Website
drone-map-llc.com
The images below show camera locations (where photos are taken) during a mission. The first image used an interval determined by distance and the second image used an interval determined by time.
distance_interval.jpg
vs
time_interval.jpg
The mission that used the interval determined by distance is more efficient, because it didn't produce unnecessary overlapping photos.

Last edited:
Many people will not understand the meaning of this thread. Can you change the title and post to reflect that you are talking about the camera features during a mission?

Reactions: Still75
What? Time interval is more efficient? I beg to differ. Look at all those overlaps!

It also depends on what you are trying to do. Of your focus is a 3d rendering, you want a lot of overlap but with the camera looking in all directions.

So must be a noob question, but how are you taking distance interval shots? I understand the time interval with the timelapse but how do you do the distance?

So must be a noob question, but how are you taking distance interval shots? I understand the time interval with the timelapse but how do you do the distance?
Either he used a different software or did it himself. The Evo does not have this capability.

It was with an open source flight controller and software. I'm hoping that Autel will add it as an option to the EVO. Do they monitor this forum? It doesn't appear they host there own forum.

It was with an open source flight controller and software. I'm hoping that Autel will add it as an option to the EVO. Do they monitor this forum? It doesn't appear they host there own forum.
There used to be an official forum, but it died off. I can't find it anymore, but remember seeing it back in January. I've read that they do, but don't know to what extend.

It would be nice if they had one for support and feedback. I don't much care for their ticket system, tickets can't be tracked on their web site. The only option for the customer is to email them.

I appreciate this forum. :) Thanks ?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingraja