Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The bird lives!

Augustine, how do I know if the starpoint position module is working properly? It was holding it's position pretty good except for moving up and down more than I've ever seen it do before. Isn't that just for when you have no GPS signal?

Last edited:
That never did work, it is fixed in the new firmware. Was it windy out?

Yes, somewhat, but l found a spot somewhat sheltered from the wind and didn't go up no more than ten feet. I'll check it again tomorrow, hopefully the wind we've been getting from the tropical storm in the gulf will be gone.

What a great story Old Bama ... I have followed this from the UK with interest.

I am sure a new battery is not too much of a hardship for you.

I would love to see this thread finished with a video from the Angry !

Best Wishes from Uk :)

Cider Boy

Last edited:
What a great story Old Bama ... I have followed this from the UK with interest.

I am sure a new battery is not too much of a hardship for you.

I would love to see this thread finished with a video from the Angry !

Best Wishes from Uk :)

Cider Boy
I have the video of my careless landing in the tree by the river. I will post it soon. I think I was distracted by a kid on a jet ski asking me about the drone, at least that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.:D

That never did work, it is fixed in the new firmware. Was it windy out?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Augustine, I got this info from Eric, on the facebook page.

Eric Godfrey Start drone indoors, props off. If more than 7 satellites are present put your hand over the dome part of the drone, once your hand blocks out enough to get it below 7 satellites start the motors and "take off". Drone should read Starpoint where it normally reads GPS. To test the altitude sensor you can pick the drone up with the motors at flight speed and watch the starpoint altitude meter at the top right of the app. To check if positioning is working you'll be able to hear the motors changing speed as you move the drone laterally, that's the starpoint trying to keep it in one place as you move it.

I have never seen anything change in the altitude meter at the top right of the app but that was always outdoors. Give that a try and let us know.

OldBamaDude....... glad to see the Tide is rolling again. Haven't tried to fly mine yet but if the breeze dies down ........
this afternoon will attempt

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials