Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The bird lives!

I have never seen anything change in the altitude meter at the top right of the app but that was always outdoors. Give that a try and let us know.
I've got a bad feeling that module may have been damaged. At one point when trying to test it inside, it wouldn't start due to weak GPS signal, apparently that's when the starpoint is supposed to kick in..

OldBamaDude....... glad to see the Tide is rolling again. Haven't tried to fly mine yet but if the breeze dies down ........
this afternoon will attempt
Gonna try mine again also. Did you see my post about the Starpoint positioning module? I hope mines not damaged, those things are around $100.

I saw it......
How will I know if mine is defective ......
This from Eric on the facebook page....
Eric Godfrey Start drone indoors, props off. If more than 7 satellites are present put your hand over the dome part of the drone, once your hand blocks out enough to get it below 7 satellites start the motors and "take off". Drone should read Starpoint where it normally reads GPS. To test the altitude sensor you can pick the drone up with the motors at flight speed and watch the starpoint altitude meter at the top right of the app. To check if positioning is working you'll be able to hear the motors changing speed as you move the drone laterally, that's the starpoint trying to keep it in one place as you move it.

As I understand it, the starpoint module helps out when there is no GPS signal, like flying inside a big building, basketball court, etc. When the new firmware comes out, it will be used even more. Heath on the FB page said....Heath Lawrence Sonar and optical flow are both active in the new FW, not just sonar.

Last edited:
I have never seen anything change in the altitude meter at the top right of the app but that was always outdoors. Give that a try and let us know.
So far I haven't seen it, but I did see it switch to the ATTI mode when GPS was weak. I think my starlink is OK.

I will test the camera and iPad tomorrow. Keeping TS at Autel up to date on the progress
Did you record your crash?
I wanted to tell you what I did to dry mine out. Well, first of all it was dry when I got it down, but I know it had gotten wet and dried out multiple times during that week in the tree. I put it in the rice for 2 or 3 days, but I ended up taking the top off it and removing the positioning sensor and opening it up. I poured alcohol on the top and bottom of the PC board, blew it out with an electric blower, then dried it of with a hair dryer. Really, I think that was as good if not better than the rice. It got a sho-nuff cleaning.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain