Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The Autel Evo is durable

hoopsdavis

Reaction score
I've crashed my Evo from the 5th floor of a hotel and 15 minutes later I was able to take flight again.

No major damage, one propeller popped off and I was able to launch again. Here the flight after the crash. After crash I recommend re-calibrating camera and Compass

Still a virgin in that area with the Evo.

I just look at that camera flopping around loosely and think there's no way that's surviving a crash.

Now, my Syma, I crashed that on a daily basis. Or even hourly. But it was built to take it.

Still a virgin in that area with the Evo.

I just look at that camera flopping around loosely and think there's no way that's surviving a crash.

Now, my Syma, I crashed that on a daily basis. Or even hourly. But it was built to take it.
Honestly when the Evo crashed I thought I was just at a lost but when I left my room and ran down stairs to find only one propeller OFF but not damaged and the battery with a crack I was shocked. I re-attached the propeller and and snapped the top of the battery back on and tried to fly again there was no issues, I only noticed the slight tilt in the image from the camera, but after re-calibrating the camera and the compass, I've had no issues.

My wife on the other hand looked at me and said, "How much did that THING cost you again"? I quietly responded: "Not much" :)

Honestly when the Evo crashed I thought I was just at a lost but when I left my room and ran down stairs to find only one propeller OFF but not damaged and the battery with a crack I was shocked. I re-attached the propeller and and snapped the top of the battery back on and tried to fly again there was no issues, I only noticed the slight tilt in the image from the camera, but after re-calibrating the camera and the compass, I've had no issues.

My wife on the other hand looked at me and said, "How much did that THING cost you again"? I quietly responded: "Not much" :)
You might have to consider disposing of that battery and getting a new one.

Reactions: hoopsdavis
You might have to consider disposing of that battery and getting a new one.
I agree with you 100%. The last thing we need are drones falling from the sky. I promise to no longer fly with that battery. Ordering a replacement now.

Thanks

Reactions: Ansia
I guess you got a good one because mine had a tree come out of no where and hit my drone.
$350 bucks later I treat it like glass.
15 foot fall camera detached and broke back right arm completely off. Autel was awesome and repaired it very fast. I am just really careful now.

I guess you got a good one because mine had a tree come out of no where and hit my drone.
$350 bucks later I treat it like glass.
15 foot fall camera detached and broke back right arm completely off. Autel was awesome and repaired it very fast. I am just really careful now.

I'm sure my drone had the perfect fall, I'm sure any other time it would have cost me big $'s.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaseth