Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Thanks Autel, EVO covered under warranty...

SilverDragon

Reaction score
I had an issue with a crack on the left and bubbling up on the right. I am stumped to why it has happened. First, I thought it was from not holding the AC while swapping batteries then it came to me. The only time I swapped batteries with the AC on all 4 was when I first bought it in Nov . Of 2018 and I did not like how all 4 legs bent . So from that day on I held the AC up while doing the swap. I have to rule out that as the cause. The second thought i had is when the AC lands and makes contact to the ground. Is the craft bending the legs enough so over time the cracks appear??? Maybe....I never sat on it.... the case it's in does not have enough forced/stress on the body. Anyways it's getting fixed under warranty....

Order summary

EVO-Aircraft Top Shell Black × 1
$15.00​
Labor × 1
0.5 hour
$30.00​
Discount
$-45.00
Subtotal
$0.00
Shipping
$0.00
Total
$0.00 USD

Attachments

• 20190615_173504.jpg
    20190615_173504.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: DivePanama
It is nice that Autel is covering it under warranty, but the problem is the wait.....
I bought my EVO Rugged Bundle May 23, 2019
Shipping took 10 days..
Had it for 3 days, flew it 4 times,(Less than 20 min flight time) and one of the folding arms broke.
called Autel and got a RMA and they emailed a shipping label.
Took 7 days to get it to them
14 days to get them to respond to a "Order" warranty
and was told Today that it would be 10 to 14 Business days before they could get to the repair
as they take repairs in as they receive them.
Then for "Free" shipping back to the east coast it would take another 6-10 business days to get back to me
I keep getting told that "We are a Small company and we are doing the best we can, and this is out busy season
because we have a lot or drone repairs to make"....
I was hoping to have the EVO to film our local fireworks this July 4th, but they told me it is unlikely that it would be here by that time unless I was willing to pay $68 for express shipping !
So I am $1200 into a drone that I can't use, and waiting over a month plus to get to "Hopefully" use it.
Something is wrong with this picture????
I am thinking about writing a new thread about this, but haven't got around to it.....
Yuneec service was 1000 times better.....

It is nice that Autel is covering it under warranty, but the problem is the wait.....
Shipping took 10 days..
Had it for 3 days, flew it 4 times,(Less than 20 min flight time) and one of the folding arms broke.
and was told Today that it would be 10 to 14 Business days before they could get to the repair
Then for "Free" shipping back to the east coast it would take another 6-10 business days to get back to me
I keep getting told that "We are a Small company and we are doing the best we can, and this is out busy season
I was hoping to have the EVO to film our local fireworks this July 4th, but they told me it is unlikely that it would be here by that time unless I was willing to pay $68 for express shipping !
So I am $1200 into a drone that I can't use, and waiting over a month plus to get to "Hopefully" use it.
I am thinking about writing a new thread about this, but haven't got around to it.....
Welcome to my club. My turn around wait was 37 days.

My turn around was just over two weeks? However, mine was not warranty, was pilot error work.
butch

I guess theres going to be + and -'s to repair work from Autel, we should be lucky that the Autel Evo has much more freedom than its DJI competitor. I have to admit I do have several DJI drones but everytime I push the throttle up on the Evo I feel the flying Freedom...

Update: the EVO's warranty repair is done and a few states away... it was sent out June 18th via FedEX. It was shows a delivery date 7.13.2019...ALMOST a month... so now I have left on the warranty 37 days. Do you think that they keep the drone as long as possible so the warranty expires on you so they a less chance of getting it back for more warranty work...

I really don't think they would do something as shady as that and in fact most places if you are that close to the end of your warranty will add on a couple of months. I had that happen with one of my UAV's from another company.

Reactions: TravisPNW
Update: the EVO's warranty repair is done and a few states away... it was sent out June 18th via FedEX. It was shows a delivery date 7.13.2019...ALMOST a month... so now I have left on the warranty 37 days. Do you think that they keep the drone as long as possible so the warranty expires on you so they a less chance of getting it back for more warranty work...
New delivery date: 7/16/2019 and cant wait to get it.... I've been flying the Mavic Zoom, the Mavic Air, the Spark and once in awhile the Tello. It would sure be nice to fly the Autel Evo again....

Shipping took 10 days..

My experience was better.

I had a bad battery and was getting warnings about it so I contacted Autel and sent them some photos of the screen warning/battery serial # and I had a new battery the next day. Didn't even have to return the bad one... they just told me to recycle it.

I'm in Seattle metro and have read that Autel's US operations is out of Washington state? The battery shipped from Bothell, WA which is also part of Seattle metro... so I guess that explains the quick turnaround.

My experience was better.

I had a bad battery and was getting warnings about it so I contacted Autel and sent them some photos of the screen warning/battery serial # and I had a new battery the next day. Didn't even have to return the bad one... they just told me to recycle it.

I'm in Seattle metro and have read that Autel's US operations is out of Washington state? The battery shipped from Bothell, WA which is also part of Seattle metro... so I guess that explains the quick turnaround.
Lucky guy!!!

UPDATE: I'm having a horrible time with the Autel Evo that came back to me today...This is what happened when I started it up for the first time.
#1 Magnetic Interference popped up. No matter where I went it was displaying.
#2 The gimbal was spazing out, left right up and down and would not stop. But it finally stopped with the gimbal on a horrible slant.
#3. The compass calibration just fails (eveytime).Can not perform one so its displaying magnetic interference on the RC 24/7
#4 I'm going to talk to a support tech with drone in hand and we are going to go over everything possible until it's the way it should be functioning. If not, ticket time..... send it back...oh by the way...these pictures are just 2 that I took at places were theres no iron, steel, metal to fail compass cal. I tried 8 places 4 of them were places I flew before sending it in. I'm not bashing Autel... I'm just going to do whatever it takes to fly again without a single issue..as they say "**** happens
#5 I'm going to find out why the wires going to the camera is taped up in white tape now.... I'm curious to why they needed taping.

Attachments

• 20190716_153458.jpg
    20190716_153458.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • 20190716_153627.jpg
    20190716_153627.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
Another update: Autel has sent me a shipping label. It's going back. Why? You won't believe it. Ok, let me clarify a few things....not every technician is equally masterful.... the technician whom serviced my Evo may be in some sort of trouble, not sure of the outcome there but let me number bullet the issues.

#1 The cable that goes to the camera was damaged and taped up so the gimbal is spazzing out constantly
#2 A compass calibration can not be performed, it fails 100% of the time. That's right, a compass calibration can never pass just fail......I did 15 total with the tech and all failed. I tried to calibrate at 12 different locations. All failed
#3 The gimbal can not be calibrated, it fails 100% of the time. When I hit START, a message pops up saying there gimbal movement can not calibrate try again.
#4 The drone was dropped and in the back were the connector is located theres these little rails that help guide the battery in is damaged. It looks like it took a arse dive to the ground without the battery installed so battery has a hard time going in and coming out. ( Autel has a killer drone and it's called the Evo, Autel is a fantastic company that takes good care of me) not all techs are equally great but maybe the person is new and was slightly nervous......Autel promised me they will make it good and they sounded sure about it. I hope the tech. Will learn and be better and succeed.

MAYBE THE LAST UPDATE: I just received an email from Autel and the are doing a Warranty Replacement. I just verified my shipping address so within 14 days I should have a Brand New EVO. I guess the drone had serious issues. I received this email from Autel

Hello Rick,

I have received your unit into repair and reviewed the aircraft and logs. I have decided to replace it under warranty at no cost to you. We always strive to provide the best possible resolution for you. Please continue through this invoice to confirm your shipping information. Please allow up to 14 days for the replacement to be completed. I really appreciate your patience through this process.

Thank you

If you have any other questions or concerns, do NOT reply to this email as it is not monitored, contact our customer service at 1-844-MYAUTEL, via email at [email protected], or via chat at our website here: Contact Us

Last edited:
Final UPDATE.... Autel sent me a new EVO under warranty. They sent a whole new package Which means I now have an additional battery and battery charger... I could use the additional charger but I would like to get the 4 way Autel Evo charger.

Final UPDATE.... Autel sent me a new EVO under warranty. They sent a whole new package Which means I now have an additional battery and battery charger... I could use the additional charger but I would like to get the 4 way Autel Evo charger.
That's nice they replaced your drone, my Evo is coming back from Autel for exactly the same reason. I started to develop cracks at the two front joints. I hope my technician was different. :)

Hello gentlemen, I have the same problem after so long it sends me the message of magnetic interference and I can't calibrate the compass apart from that the gimbal is crazy and it doesn't calibrate either.

MAYBE THE LAST UPDATE: I just received an email from Autel and the are doing a Warranty Replacement. I just verified my shipping address so within 14 days I should have a Brand New EVO. I guess the drone had serious issues. I received this email from Autel

Hello Rick,

I have received your unit into repair and reviewed the aircraft and logs. I have decided to replace it under warranty at no cost to you. We always strive to provide the best possible resolution for you. Please continue through this invoice to confirm your shipping information. Please allow up to 14 days for the replacement to be completed. I really appreciate your patience through this process.

Thank you

If you have any other questions or concerns, do NOT reply to this email as it is not monitored, contact our customer service at 1-844-MYAUTEL, via email at [email protected], or via chat at our website here: Contact Us
I think the idea of these forums is for the manufacturer to know what is happening and to say at the same time those who were able to solve the problem say how the solution was (but with another new drone) so that those of us who are in this forum can solve and know for the future how to solve it

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d