Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Tested parabolic antenna reflectors on my XSP - 1.68 miles

DroneyDrone

Reaction score
Yesterday in same spot with same conditions I was able to fly 1.24 miles before video signal loss.

Today I flew with parabolic antenna reflectors and was able to achieve 1.68 miles before video loss. RC signal was still at full bar strength and functioning normal.

Nice. I have the parabolic antennae reflectors but was unable to test it yet. Great run

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Yesterday in same spot with same conditions I was able to fly 1.24 miles before video signal loss.

Today I flew with parabolic antenna reflectors and was able to achieve 1.68 miles before video loss. RC signal was still at full bar strength and functioning normal.

Which brand did you buy?

Received the Skyreat two days ago but it has been to windy here in Denver to try them out. There is
a place here in Denver called Daniels Park where you can send it clear to the Mountains which are about 15 miles away and not have a thing in the way.

Received the Skyreat two days ago but it has been to windy here in Denver to try them out. There is
a place here in Denver called Daniels Park where you can send it clear to the Mountains which are about 15 miles away and not have a thing in the way.
Sounds like you can get a good clear run. Post your range here when you do

I tried out some parabolic antennas as well. Pulled off 3.03 miles before the video got too choppy. Really blew me away.

Reactions: Cbass71
I got similar distance with stock setup but fly in an area that for some reason gives good results.

Reactions: inkdrop
Gustofision what did you use to record the second video of your drone

Glad to hear these are working for a few of you. I would also suggest considering the environment obviously and tempering exceptions based on such. I purchased these and just returned them today. I was unable to see any difference with video reception or drone range/distance. Living in a mountainous area I'm sure is a large part of the problem as well. I envy those that speak of 1.2 plus miles of range. I called Autel to discuss range issues and they stated they say 1.2 miles in "perfect conditions" and they have heard of no aftermarket products that actually increase range other than optimal conditions. 1.2 is there "safe" statement with LOS and functionality I suspect :)

I also got these and have only used once due to weather conditions (haven't been able to fly much!). I will run some tests and report back.

They definitely work for me, I have been able to reach areas I wasn't able to before. Seems to help in populated areas as well. I will have to do some side by side testing and post results.

Also, for those of you who said they don't fit, mine fit very well.

They definitely work for me, I have been able to reach areas I wasn't able to before. Seems to help in populated areas as well. I will have to do some side by side testing and post results.

Also, for those of you who said they don't fit, mine fit very well.

I bought the P3 skytreats a few months ago off of eBay......before the x star version was available, had to dremel them to fit, I've tested several times with and without. I found no perceptible increase in distance but possibly a slight improvement with video connection. All of my flights were in a flat rural setting so can't provide any info how they perform in a more congested area.
I'm not too concerned about distance.....mine is stable up to 1.7 miles stock.....but if they provide even a slight increase in video stability then its definitely worth the $15 - $20 IMO.
I'll have to wait for the weather to break to check them out in a more congested area.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials