Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Stupidest thing you have done with your drone ?

Not with my EVO (sorry know it's an Autel forum), but made water landing gear for my DJI Spark (not stupid) - just like shown in this video below. Dumb part about it was the fact that I landed on a moving river (stupid). Practiced a bunch of landings and take offs close to shore, so went out further to center of river and you guessed it - motors wouldn't fire up. Slowly watched it float down river and out of sight (was winter or I would have swam for it). By the way the video below is my replacement spark and this time will only land in lakes or pools.

Guess I have a second Spark one as well (making all my mistakes with the Spark so my EVO stays shiny and new looking). Next time maybe have a little more of an altitude difference between the two - this could have been a really bad idea.

• Wow
Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Not with my EVO, but with my Typhoon H
Flying above the fog and hit RTH....
Almost hit a cell tower...
Did not see or know how close until I watched the video....
Are we supposed to admit to these things??? :oops:
Lucky, it’s so hard to judge things like that at a distance... I got a bit closer, but somehow it was ok...

Reactions: Heckmaniac`s Drone
Ok so I've done a lot of stupid things with my Spark - again getting out of my system so I'm not stupid with my EVO. This being my 3rd stupid post - if you watch video you can skip forward 3 min 20 sec into video where it got interesting. All this flight was done using a waypoint mission plane created from Google maps - I thought it would be a good idea to program a change in altitud to just 7 ft..... over water..... in a narrowing stream.... surrounded by trees (yes stupid), and lucky.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Not with my EVO, but with my Typhoon H
Flying above the fog and hit RTH....
Almost hit a cell tower...
Did not see or know how close until I watched the video....
Are we supposed to admit to these things??? :oops:
Isn't it strange that Obstacle Avoidance is turned off when RTH is initiated? That's when we most need it!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kestrel