Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Strange problem while trying to charge my Evos remote.

Apollo11capcom

Reaction score
My search feature doesn't open so forgive me if this has already been discussed. The first time i charged my remote, it charged just fine up to 100%. The 2 or 3 times since then it hasn't changed to 100%, it gets to 99% and that's it, even though it's only depleated to about 60% and charged more than the 180 minutes it's supposed to take. Last night I let it charge all night (for me that's 4 and a half hours), and this morning, still 99%. Anyone else have this type of issue? Btw, I love this thing!

Reactions: safari
My search feature doesn't open so forgive me if this has already been discussed. The first time i charged my remote, it charged just fine up to 100%. The 2 or 3 times since then it hasn't changed to 100%, it gets to 99% and that's it, even though it's only depleated to about 60% and charged more than the 180 minutes it's supposed to take. Last night I let it charge all night (for me that's 4 and a half hours), and this morning, still 99%. Anyone else have this type of issue? Btw, I love this thing!
I have a controller that won't charge past 96%. Other than that, it works great and discharges normally. I can fly 4 batteries no problem and still have over 60% of charge in my controller. Try it out, see if it holds charge. If it discharges faster than normal, then consider getting a replacement.

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
I have a controller that won't charge past 96%. Other than that, it works great and discharges normally. I can fly 4 batteries no problem and still have over 60% of charge in my controller. Try it out, see if it holds charge. If it discharges faster than normal, then consider getting a replacement.
It holds charge like a champ, like you said, I cango through several cycles on the stone battery without going to half way on the remote. Thanks for the reply, you helped me makeup my mind.

That is built-in to help elongate battery life. Mine does that too as well as my HP laptop. You really don't need the last couple of percentages and it helps to prevent overcharge.

If you're using Android, long press the search and "open in new tab". That's what I have to do. And yes, my controller has done that too.

Josh, did you get that information from Autel?
I have charged my controller about 5 or 6 times without a problem at all. It charged to 100% every time.
For those having the issue could use an Android phone charger for a while and see if it still does the same thing.

If you're using Android, long press the search and "open in new tab". That's what I have to do. And yes, my controller has done that too.
Can you explain what you mean by this? The long press the search and open in new tab part, I'm having trouble understanding that with the charging issue.

Josh, did you get that information from Autel?
I have charged my controller about 5 or 6 times without a problem at all. It charged to 100% every time.
For those having the issue could use an Android phone charger for a while and see if it still does the same thing.
So just charge it to full with an android phone chargers few times? Is this something Autel suggested or did an owner figure it out? I'm always weary of mixing chargers or batteries, I'm afraid of burning something up doing that.

I've got a question for you guys... do you charge your remote every time you use it, even if you have 80 some % batt remaining, or do you use it again before you charge it?

I've got a question for you guys... do you charge your remote every time you use it, even if you have 80 some % batt remaining, or do you use it again before you charge it?
I do. It's better to be fully charged, than to be partially charged, get a bad reading and run out of juice mid flight.

So just charge it to full with an android phone chargers few times? Is this something Autel suggested or did an owner figure it out? I'm always weary of mixing chargers or batteries, I'm afraid of burning something up doing that.

Autel says you can charge the controller with a phone charger. If there is a problem with a charger, that could narrow it down.
I fly my controller down to 40% +/- then run it the rest of the way down around 20% playing videos inside with everything connected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apollo11capcom
Can you explain what you mean by this? The long press the search and open in new tab part, I'm having trouble understanding that with the charging issue.

Search feature doesn't work for me on Android tablet. I have to "long press", touch the magnifying glass symbol until a little popup pops up... Then select"Open in New tab" and the search feature opens in a new tab allowing me to search.

Search feature doesn't work for me on Android tablet. I have to "long press", touch the magnifying glass symbol until a little popup pops up... Then select"Open in New tab" and the search feature opens in a new tab allowing me to search.
Oh, understood, thx, I'll give it a try.

Another way is to hit the little down arrow next to the Forums button. When the new menu appears, click on the "search forums". The magnifying glass doesn't work on phantompilots, tellopilots, or here...

Reactions: Apollo11capcom
I have not noticed this issue with my RC. I generally do NOT charge the RC after every use. I tend to run it down to 40% or so and then recharge it. They have always claimed it's best for the battery to be mostly discharged every so many cycles, so I will run it down to 20% before recharging, usually about every 4th or 5th cycle. That is typically good advice to prolong the life of any type of rechargeable battery

Reactions: Fly-a-holic
I have not noticed this issue with my RC. I generally do NOT charge the RC after every use. I tend to run it down to 40% or so and then recharge it. They have always claimed it's best for the battery to be mostly discharged every so many cycles, so I will run it down to 20% before recharging, usually about every 4th or 5th cycle. That is typically good advice to prolong the life of any type of rechargeable battery
This is always the way I thought, but I know the new battery technology isn't the same as the older stuff I grew up with where the battery had a memory. You could screw one of those up real fast.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben648691