Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery goes dead after a full charge

Shusta

Reaction score
Hello, tonight I went out to fly at a local spot that I've flown many times before and my drone ended up in the water. Well I was able to get it close enough to shore to jump in and catch it but it still got wet. The battery I put in was fully charged and at 100% at take off. Maybe 5 minutes into the flight the battery was reading 0% and the drone started an emergency landing. This was a perfect night for flying, no wind, rain etc... The odd thing is while drying the drone off I checked the battery again and it was reading 4 out of 5 bars and it still is once I got home.

I'm patched and all that I just never had a battery do this to me DJI or Autel. Anyone else ever have this type of experience? I'm letting the drone dry overnight in hopes it'll be OK tomorrow but this was definitely a hardware issue.

Scott

Hello, tonight I went out to fly at a local spot that I've flown many times before and my drone ended up in the water. Well I was able to get it close enough to shore to jump in and catch it but it still got wet. The battery I put in was fully charged and at 100% at take off. Maybe 5 minutes into the flight the battery was reading 0% and the drone started an emergency landing. This was a perfect night for flying, no wind, rain etc... The odd thing is while drying the drone off I checked the battery again and it was reading 4 out of 5 bars and it still is once I got home.

I'm patched and all that I just never had a battery do this to me DJI or Autel. Anyone else ever have this type of experience? I'm letting the drone dry overnight in hopes it'll be OK tomorrow but this was definitely a hardware issue.

Scott
Same thing happened to me. Check out this thread: Battery lost power in mid flight

Reactions: Autelpilotsnumpty

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwoody