Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Steep mountainsides

Here is one I put together. If you are standing on slopes as steep as this you had better stay home or we will be reading about you in the paper. This will be for launch only so brush up on your hand catching it is easy to do with the EVO. And don't forget the spirit level it is hard to say what is level in the hills.

Attachments

• IMG_2309.JPG
    IMG_2309.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2310.JPG
    IMG_2310.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 15
Reactions: KentA and Ansia
Here is one I put together. If you are standing on slopes as steep as this you had better stay home or we will be reading about you in the paper. This will be for launch only so brush up on your hand catching it is easy to do with the EVO. And don't forget the spirit level it is hard to say what is level in the hills.
I would keep the tripod with shorter legs, to keep the center of gravity closer to the ground.

I think for me I will stay on flat ground. One of the reasons I bought the EVO was the fact it will fly a longs ways and very high so steep mountain slopes are not a problem.

To bad this new fangled contraption cannot hand launch. Pretty easy for other UAV manufactures. Wonder why they cannot figure it out.

Reactions: KentA
I think for me I will stay on flat ground. One of the reasons I bought the EVO was the fact it will fly a longs ways and very high so steep mountain slopes are not a problem.

Originally, I was thinking of flying up the canyon 50' off the water as it would be really cool. I didn't take into consideration the logistics of doing such a thing. I think I am revisiting the situation, and will try it again tomorrow at an elevation of 100 feet above the treetops- that way I won't be too concerned about hitting branches. When I was down in the canyon, it was nerve racking trying to manuver it so it missed the branches. And along with that change in strategy, lessens the need for me to actually hike into the canyons, when I can fly over them. I will try the new strategy on the same canyon from a higher elevation to see what it looks like.

The fly in the ointment of all these suggestions is where I am in these canyons is all rock. No digging.... but lots of rocks. I will build my foldable PVC Contraption and post a pic. I have a pic in my mind what I want to do.

I think your roll up table solution is pretty elegant. You might eat to incorporate a couple of perpendicular strips you slide in to act as spines and keep the table top straight.

I’m not a fan of hand launching or retrieval. I like to retain all 10 of my fingertips for playing piano and prefer not to have dueling scars on my face. But that’s just me.

I think your roll up table solution is pretty elegant. You might eat to incorporate a couple of perpendicular strips you slide in to act as spines and keep the table top straight.
Yeah, the plan is to have 2 1/2" x 1/2" square stock center bolted to the strips on the outside of the roll. I unroll the roll, and then turn the bolted 1/2" strip perpendicular to the table top and that should stabilize. I will upload photo when I do it.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials