Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Starter drones

Sirloinofbeef

Reaction score
I have a friend who has watched me drone but will not fly any of my drones. I have 7 drones and 5 of them are what i call crashers and you can imagine why. I had just got my syma x5c and took it out to fly and 15 seconds later, it went swimming in my pond. Lol. I guess i started rambling, He wants to buy and fly his own drone but he doesnt want to pay what i payed for the autel or even my bebop 2. I told him he should start out with a "crasher" first to learn how to fly but he wants all the bells and whistles of the autel but only wants to spend $250.00. I dont think he will get even close but any ideas on which drone he can get with gps, altitude hold i guess you get my point. I know some of you have other drones kinda like what im talking about. Any pointers would be appreciated.

He will be looking for a little more range. Has anyone here used or have an upair one? Or maybe a 3dr solo? The 3dr is gonna cost extra to get a gimble and camera but thats his decision and its only $245.00 on amazon. Btw, thanks for the input augustine.

3DR? It's got some nice features but by the time you add a GoPro camera, gimbal, and all the extras it's about the same price as the starter bundle for an Autel at $649. What about picking up a certified refurb XSP direct from Autel? The challenge with sub $600 drones is any kind of quality camera/gimbal setup...most are fixed cameras or setup for FPV use...not much fun to get good shots. Drones are definitely a hobby that costs a bit of money, even a cheap drone will cost when it comes to spare batteries, cases, etc once he is hooked. If it's fear of destroying it, pay for it with a Visa or Amex card...they should cover it under their extended warranty and theft/damage policies but check with them.

Reactions: Bigbit
3DR? It's got some nice features but by the time you add a GoPro camera, gimbal, and all the extras it's about the same price as the starter bundle for an Autel at $649. What about picking up a certified refurb XSP direct from Autel? The challenge with sub $600 drones is any kind of quality camera/gimbal setup...most are fixed cameras or setup for FPV use...not much fun to get good shots. Drones are definitely a hobby that costs a bit of money, even a cheap drone will cost when it comes to spare batteries, cases, etc once he is hooked. If it's fear of destroying it, pay for it with a Visa or Amex card...they should cover it under their extended warranty and theft/damage policies but check with them.
I agree. The 3dr will cause a shock when its time to get the camera and gimble and this is a hobby that can get outttaaa hand. You used the word "Hooked" thats me and probably everyone here on this site and he too would be after his first purchase. At the end of the day its his choice.
Thanks for the input.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials