Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

StarLink Compatible Devices (user generated)

theTupper

Reaction score
Compiled herein are the devices known to work with Autel's StarLink application for use with the X-Star Premium.

If you have a device that you know works (you've tested it and its functionality), and it's not already included on the list, please list it in a post below. There is no need to repost if your device is already listed.

Please include:
  • Device Name
  • Android or iOS and Release Version
  • Full Functionality or Partial
    • If "Partial," list what works and what doesn't.
  • StarLink App release version
The list on the first post will be updated as replies are made.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KNOWN FULLY FUNCTIONING DEVICES

MODEL --- OS --- STARLINK

Huawei Nexus 6P --- Android 7.0.1 --- StarLink for Android 1.03.07
nVidia Shield K1 --- Android 6.0 --- (not provided)
Samsung Note 5 --- (not provided) --- (not provided)
Samsung Galaxy Tab A [2016 SM-T850] --- (not provided) --- (not provided)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 [2016] --- Android 6.0 --- (not provided)
iPhone 6+ --- iOS 9.0.2 --- Starlink for iOS 1.3.19
iPad Mini Retina 2 --- iOS 9.3.3 --- Starlink for iOS 1.3.19
Verizon Ellipsis 8 --- Android Lollipop --- Starlink for Android 1.03.07

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PARTIALLY FUNCTIONING DEVICES

MODEL
--- OS --- STARLINK --- FEATURES

LG VK815 Tablet
--- Android 6.0 --- (not provided) --- camera settings broken
Samsung Galaxy Tab A [early version] --- (not provided) --- (not provided) --- video stutters
ZMAZ Z970 --- Android 4.4.4 --- (not provided) --- video feed stutters
LGV10 --- (not provided) --- (not provided) --- camera settings not working

Last edited:
You didn't say if this was limited to Andrid but here is the official list from Autel...

What devices are compatible with the Starlink App?

Android:
System: Android 4.2 or later.
CPU: at least quad-core 1.2GHz
RAM: 1GB or larger.

IOS:
iPhone 5, iPhone5c, iPhone5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular.

The following devices have been tested by our development team and are fully compatible with the Starlink App.

Device & Tested Operating System

APPLE DEVICES:

iPhone 5s - iOS 9.2.1

iPhone 6 - iOS 9.3.1

iPhone 6 Plus - iOS 9.3.1 & 8.4.1

iPhone 6s Plus - iOS 9.3.2

iPad Mini (except for 1st generation) - iOS 9.2.1 & 9.3.1

ANDROID DEVICES:

ZTE U9180 - Android 4.4.2

Sony XL39h - Android 4.4.4

HTC M9pw - Android 5.0

HTC Nexus 9 - Android 6.0.1

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Android 5.0.2

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - Android 4.4.4

Samsung Galaxy Tab A - Android 5.0.2

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - Android 5.1.1

Samsung Galaxy Tab S - Android 5.0.2

Huawei GRA TL00 - Android 5.0.1

Huawei CRR UL00 - Android 5.1.1

Mi Note LTE - Android 4.4.4

Nubia Z9 NX508J - Android 5.0.2

Nvidia Shield K1 - Android 6.0.1

Moto Xstyle - Android 5.1.1

HTC M8t - Android 4.4.2

Oppo R7 Plus - Android 5.1.1

Oppo R7 - Android 4.4.4

RedMi HM1S - Android 4.4.4

Vivo X5 Pro D - Android 5.0

That you. I'm aware of the official list already. This list came about as many people were/are discovering that devices ON the official list AREN'T working or are finding devices that are not on the list that ARE working.

You didn't say if this was limited to Andrid but here is the official list from Autel...

What devices are compatible with the Starlink App?

Android:
System: Android 4.2 or later.
CPU: at least quad-core 1.2GHz
RAM: 1GB or larger.

IOS:
iPhone 5, iPhone5c, iPhone5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular.

The following devices have been tested by our development team and are fully compatible with the Starlink App.

Device & Tested Operating System

APPLE DEVICES:

iPhone 5s - iOS 9.2.1

iPhone 6 - iOS 9.3.1

iPhone 6 Plus - iOS 9.3.1 & 8.4.1

iPhone 6s Plus - iOS 9.3.2

iPad Mini (except for 1st generation) - iOS 9.2.1 & 9.3.1

ANDROID DEVICES:

ZTE U9180 - Android 4.4.2

Sony XL39h - Android 4.4.4

HTC M9pw - Android 5.0

HTC Nexus 9 - Android 6.0.1

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Android 5.0.2

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - Android 4.4.4

Samsung Galaxy Tab A - Android 5.0.2

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - Android 5.1.1

Samsung Galaxy Tab S - Android 5.0.2

Huawei GRA TL00 - Android 5.0.1

Huawei CRR UL00 - Android 5.1.1

Mi Note LTE - Android 4.4.4

Nubia Z9 NX508J - Android 5.0.2

Nvidia Shield K1 - Android 6.0.1

Moto Xstyle - Android 5.1.1

HTC M8t - Android 4.4.2

Oppo R7 Plus - Android 5.1.1

Oppo R7 - Android 4.4.4

RedMi HM1S - Android 4.4.4

Vivo X5 Pro D - Android 5.0

OK, by your post I wasn't sure you were aware of the official list. You may want to edit the title to reflect your list intentions. Also, were you only listing Android devices (I realize Android is so fragmented it deserves a list)?

I did see that but found it odd no one had reported any iOS devices. The 6+ and the iPad Mini Retina 2 seems to work well with the app. ;)

@theTupper EDIT:
  • Starlink iOS app version 1.3.19 both devices
  • 6+ IOS version 9.0.2
  • IPad iOS version 9.3.3

Last edited:
I use the following:

Verizon Ellipsis 8 with Android Lolipop

Starlink App is version: 1.03.07

Reactions: AZ Autel
I have the Iphone 6Plus....and need to find a bigger screen so a tablet of some sort. Not willing to buy another Ipad....mine outdated and needs replacing but not willing to spend that much...what does everyone recommend in
tablets to actually be able to see my area the drone is covering. Thanks

I am eventually going with a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" T350 for my flying. I use an Verizon Elippsis right now which works and is okay but I want a slightly bigger pad and I like the Samsung platform.

I am eventually going with a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" T350 for my flying. I use an Verizon Elippsis right now which works and is okay but I want a slightly bigger pad and I like the Samsung platform.
Thanks for your input Michael. How much storage space do you recommend on a new tablet? I can't see using a lot of memory for each video since battery time is short....But really have no idea how quickly a 16gb would hold on video like this..... Wonder if the 9'7" tablet would fit in the console?

Thanks for your input Michael. How much storage space do you recommend on a new tablet? I can't see using a lot of memory for each video since battery time is short....But really have no idea how quickly a 16gb would hold on video like this..... Wonder if the 9'7" tablet would fit in the console?

Negative on the HD space. But what I would do is move files to a PC then to a external portable HD which are very affordable now days and can hold more than you will need. I have two. One is 500GB and the other is 1TB.

I can't see using a lot of memory for each video since battery time is short....But really have no idea how quickly a 16gb would hold on video like this..... Wonder if the 9'7" tablet would fit in the console?

Video is not normally saved to the device. I use AZ Recorder to record the screen for each flight and these take up some space if I forget to copy them off. Starlink does have an "Album" function that can be used to view images and video on the X-Star but I think these are reduced resolution from that on the microSD card.

Reactions: KentA and Angie
Going to table my full functionality note for the Nexus 6 at least for the X-Star WiFi. Having an issue now where I can't access cell data for mapping when connected to the drone. This could be an issue with my specific device as I've had some other problems lately. I can replicate the issue with a wifi-enable toy drone and action camera as well. Will update upon resolution of the issue.
  • Motorola Nexus 6
  • Android 7.0
  • MAPPING/WAYPOINT FUNCTIONALITY ISSUE
  • StarLink App version 2.0.1.18

Last edited:
Works with my Nexus 5,
Android 6.0.1
StarLink 2.0.1.18
Everything works so far, too soon to say "full functionality" .... I'm that new!

Has anyone had success with ipad mini, model A1432. I know it is not in approved list. Does run app, but won't connect to drone.
Thought I'd ask before I tried finding a different usb cable.
Running ios 9.3.5 with standard charging cable.

..... Update

I tried a different cable, both are Apple oem, and it WORKS! Disconnected and tried the first cable, and it wouldn't work again, so cable issue. Too soon to tell if "everything" works, but all the settings appear where/as they should, and I can control the camera from the app .... much easier on the eyes.

And yes .... as a comment I saw on another forum, the placement of the USB port is NOT the greatest.

Last edited:
I have only had my x-star premium for a few days now, but I am currently using an Insignia Flex 8 tablet running Android 6.01. So far I have had no problems other that the screen being very reflective and difficult to see in bright sunlight. I hope a anti glare scren protector will help. The tablet is from Best Buy and cost me about $70.

johnf

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials