Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Someone is not happy with his new toy

If Autel advertises the software required to fly the aircraft is available at the App Store and Google Play, the software has to be available for download the day the product launches, no excuses. Otherwise is false advertising.
I love my X-Star P and have been looking for the release of the EVO, unfortunately all of my devices are iOS based.

I think we all need to develop a little patience. I was down on the EVO but after watching Dustins review I was impressed with the way it looks. I am still going to wait for a month or two before pulling the trigger but i have high hopes.
One thing for sure i would not want to be one of the boys up in Washington right now with all the screeching going on. Whine, sob, snivel!!

I think we all need to develop a little patience. I was down on the EVO but after watching Dustins review I was impressed with the way it looks. I am still going to wait for a month or two before pulling the trigger but i have high hopes.
One thing for sure i would not want to be one of the boys up in Washington right now with all the screeching going on. Whine, sob, snivel!!

I see what you are saying and I understand products can be more challenging to deliver than expected.

But they promised once set of delivery items for first quarter 2018, then second quarter 2018, and finally they delivered on the last sliver of second quarter of 2018. And what they delivered was not what the promised. Honestly I've seen companies get hit with false advertising action and class action lawsuits for less. Apple approval of the application is probably the one item I thinks is 100% forgivable as I've seen Apple approvals go sideways for very dodgy reasons. But anyone who pre-ordered based on a certain set of promised features and specifications not delivered certainly has reason to be upset. And this is not a $50 Syma quadcopter; at $999 this is a sizable purchase for many of the buyers, current or potential. So yes, we can offer them some MORE patience, but saying people that are dissatisfied at the point are whining or somehow sniveling is a bit much. I've heard is said that Autel owes us nothing; that is only true if they don't want us to buy their product. Just because it is a new technology in the scheme of thing doesn't mean we don't have the right to expect a certain level of service.

I will probably be still getting an Evo (although the Anafi is calling to me) but not until Autel get's their act more together. Which is unfortunate as I have money set aside for a drone and some batteries, and waiting for something like this after waiting far beyond what I had originally planned is not coming particularly easy. I planned to wait 2 months after the launch to get some real user reviews and hopefully any kinks worked out. But I expected to be flying it by now.

Where in the heck did the 3D mapping feature go? They bragged about this back in the beginning of the year, had it on the homepage of their website and everything. Now, it’s not supported and won’t be supported by any third parties??! I personally verified with Pix4D and Drone Deploy. They removed it from their site, but a lot of retailers are still showing this as a capability. What kind of false advertising is this?

Is there anyway to 3D map or do I just need to send this thing back?

And I can’t even download the Autel app for my iPhone? Unfinished junk in my opinion. Unless someone can tell me how to do this 3d mapping it’s going back and sad to say I guess I have to go DJI. Really don’t want to, but I need the capability.

I have been waiting quite a while to purchase a "real drone" and pulled the trigger finally. I noticed the same thing on the side of my box when I received my unit yesterday and so I am hesitant to purchase anything yet. I want a dedicated tablet in the future, but my Pixel XL worked just fine this morning and I was quite impressed with the overall functionality of the Android App and the bird itself. I didn't mess around with too much as my fingers were shaking sending this up for the first time. Once in the air and after about 10 minutes I felt more comfortable and couldn't stop smiling.

By the time Apple approves the Evo app, the firmware would probably needs to be updated the 4th time

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman