Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Smart Controller from Autelpilot

call the credit card company that you used to charge by using paypal
If it's over 90 days, even the CC companies can't help, under the terms of the CC. Autel Robotics is the only one that can issue a refund, if it has been over 6 months.

If it's over 90 days, even the CC companies can't help, under the terms of the CC. Autel Robotics is the only one that can issue a refund, if it has been over 6 months.
That is what I was trying to say.

call your bank; see what they can do for you. or he can just drop it and take one on the chin and become another victim of theft. laws apply to billing errors and quality of goods and you need to discuss fraud issues with your bank who sets the rules. there are banks that will always accept your dispute especially if you are a long time good customer. whether they make the merchant pay for it or your bank absorbs the loss for you, it's up to them. they understand this new business called "pre-ordering" and no merchant should be allowed to run out the clock and keep the money after sending you lies saying it's coming soon and we sent it and we ran into a problem and ok we sent it now and then ghosting you.

What Are American Express's Chargeback Time Limits?

In most cases, American Express cardholders have 120 days after the transaction occurs to file a chargeback. However, for chargebacks related to damaged or defective items, the deadline is 120 days from the day the item was received.

For products or services that weren't received at all, cardholders have 120 days from the day they expected to receive the product or service or from the day they became aware that they would not receive it, whichever came first.

Reactions: G_G
call your bank; see what they can do for you. or he can just drop it and take one on the chin and become another victim of theft. laws apply to billing errors and quality of goods and you need to discuss fraud issues with your bank who sets the rules. there are banks that will always accept your dispute especially if you are a long time good customer. whether they make the merchant pay for it or your bank absorbs the loss for you, it's up to them. they understand this new business called "pre-ordering" and no merchant should be allowed to run out the clock and keep the money after sending you lies saying it's coming soon and we sent it and we ran into a problem and ok we sent it now and then ghosting you.

What Are American Express's Chargeback Time Limits?

In most cases, American Express cardholders have 120 days after the transaction occurs to file a chargeback. However, for chargebacks related to damaged or defective items, the deadline is 120 days from the day the item was received.

For products or services that weren't received at all, cardholders have 120 days from the day they expected to receive the product or service or from the day they became aware that they would not receive it, whichever came first.
Thanks for the correction, as to it being 120 days, how it is defined, and the clarification of their discretion. Yes, it never hurts to ask, and keep escalating, because the ones answering the phones telling you "no" also have no authority to make any exceptions. However, their supervisors and managers do have a great deal of discretion, and can occasionally be persuaded to exercise that discretion. However, as you point out, in order to do so, they have to eat the loss. There is no free lunch. The crooked vendor has already been paid. American Express is also far more liberal than most bank credit cards, and caters to a higher end clientele who expect more than they get from a bank. That's also why AX is not widely accepted, and especially not by scammers, who likely wouldn't be approved to take AX.
All good info! You won't get unless you ask, and never take no for an answer in business. It's only an invitation to negotiate!

Posted here on December 12th the very happy news I had finally received a v1 Smart Controller - after a stop-start wait since mid April 2021.
Some experiential feed back was promised at the time, possibly after Christmas/New Year. 🙃

Oh so very slightly, the whole process of giving the flick to the Crystal Sky 5.5 I'd been using, going through the installation, updates and linking to my EVO II Pro was all a bit anti-climatic. As were the "field tests"! :(

Simply put, there were no stand out moments, or feelings of there being an epiphany, as a result of the transition to a Smart Controller v1.

What I can say; everything worked as if the EVO II (which according to my log book I first flew in May 5th, 2020) and the Smart Controller all came out of the same box. Following the processes, the tasks were completed just the same as cutting through butter with a hot knife - smooth, with the expected result, first time! :oops:

"Field testing"; just the same. Having the extra bit of screen real-estate, compared to the Crystal Sky, was perhaps the most standout feature; beyond a familiarisation of where control surfaces were located, first time results were as expected, without any latency being noticed between the control unit and aircraft.

While I've done my share of bagging Autel over their singular lack of good communication with the very people who have continued to support the brand, and in particular their lack of information relating to production/distribution timelines for the v1 and v2 Smart Controllers, I am happy with the results I've so far had. I hope others who have decided to hang on to their EVO II and go with the v1 control unit will be equally rewarded by positive experiences.

Happy and safe flying :cool:;)

Last edited:
Great news, so the Autel SmartController V1 arrived this week not December?

Keep us posted, Congrats!

Reactions: edgardcafe
Posted here on December 12th the very happy news I had finally received a v1 Smart Controller - after a stop-start wait since mid April 2021.
Some experiential feed back was promised at the time, possibly after Christmas/New Year. 🙃

Oh so very slightly, the whole process of giving the flick to the Crystal Sky 5.5 I'd been using, going through the installation, updates and linking to my EVO II Pro was all a bit anti-climatic. As were the "field tests"! :(

Simply put, there were no stand out moments, or feelings of there being an epiphany, as a result of the transition to a Smart Controller v1.

What I can say; everything worked as if the EVO II (which according to my log book I first flew in May 5th, 2020) and the Smart Controller all came out of the same box. Following the processes, the tasks were completed just the same as cutting through butter with a hot knife - smooth, with the expected result, first time! :oops:

"Field testing"; just the same. Having the extra bit of screen real-estate, compared to the Crystal Sky, was perhaps the most standout feature; beyond a familiarisation of where control surfaces were located, first time results were as expected, without any latency being noticed between the control unit and aircraft.

While I've done my share of bagging Autel over their singular lack of good communication with the very people who have continued to support the brand, and in particular their lack of information relating to production/distribution timelines for the v1 and v2 Smart Controllers, I am happy with the results I've so far had. I hope others who have decided to hang on to their EVO II and go with the v1 control unit will be equally rewarded by positive experiences.

Happy and safe flying :cool:;)
Any noticeable improvement in the range over the stock controller? I found none, despite the audacious claims of up to 8 miles in congested urban areas using the SC! Max Signal Transmission Distance (No interference, No obstacles): 13 km (8 miles). An Alientech Pro mod solved that problem on the stock controller for under $450 for me. I also found the SC V1 to be a huge beast in both size and weight, with the actual visible portion of the screen taking up less than half the physical size. You'll need a tray harness to hold it comfortably, or a tripod to mount it onto!

Reactions: edgardcafe

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy