Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Smart Controller from Autelpilot

Mine arrives tomorrow from B&H pre ordered about a month ago. Fingers crossed!

and 5.8 is limited in the EU to 25mw..
Thank you for providing badly needed insights into the poor performance of the advertised SC range improvements, especially here in the U.S., where neither 5.8 nor 900 are usable on public EVO 2 FW with the public app on the Autel SC. Looks like only first responders will now have access the goodies that were originally promised to all of us.

While we probably live in different parts of the same global village, I suspect our Smart Controller experiences have a very similar genesis.
I pre-ordered my SC unit around the end of March, early April also; with the advice being from my local supplier I could expect delivery May or early June.
Taking time out for some personal health issues during that time meant it was late June before I chased up the supplier about an updated SC delivery timeline.

Long story short; after my supplier was apparently getting little in the way of straight answers from his supplier about a revised ETA I did a bit of investigation of my own, contacting a Chinese supply agent with whom I have done a good deal of business with - both UAV/ROV and other equipment being shipped by the agent, mostly out of Shenzhen.

The intel' that came back to me, which has largely been corroborated by other information, Autel produced around 500 units of the V1 SC before chip supply became the issue it has. Initially - I suspect before the number of pre-orders for the V1 unit was known to Autel - these units were to then be distributed world wide, but on a first come basis. At some point in the process of trying to work out how to stretch 500 SC across xxxx pre-orders the decision was made to consolidate all 500 units into the US pre-order pool. The trouble with that plan was, A) a singular lack of communication - straight from the mouth of the Autel CEO, and B) there was likely way more than 500 supplier outlets across the US trying to fill "xxxx" customer pre-orders.

Trying to shoehorn a whole bunch of round pegs when there weren't enough square holes to squeeze them into simply was never going to work - but again Autel seems to have forgotten to get that message across in a way the was (is) understandable to its world-wide customer base.

So, like you, I put the folding stuff down - months ago now - for a product which does not look like it is going to materialise anytime soon. Purchasing from my supplier has always gone well, and on this occasion he has expressed sufficient embarrassment at what has been happening that a full refund has been offered - no questions. In fairness to the supplier, I have said I will wait until the end of July, just in case CEO Warnas somehow manages to find a way to pull more than just rabbits out of the Autel hat. I'm not holding my breath though!

NOTE: The Chinese supply agent suggested the v2 SC was in production at present - obviously not compatible with the EVO 2 Pro most of us are probably wanting though. When this production run is finished, a production run of v1 SC may happen, but will be very much subject to chip availability.

Happy and safe flying ??
Thank you for the info and responding to my question. I’ll keep waiting also.

Well I'm in the Same boat I ordered way back in April And supposedly #1 on the list according to who ever replies to the emails. I just recent got a weird email from them trying to explain how they are planning on handling the pre order price compared to the actual price and then with little directions or how to even be able to get to where its needing to confirm my want or just the order i guess for my controller that I even overpaid for so far until they do their job or at least what they agree to with me and reimburse me the extra left over monetary amount after shipping of fulfilling my order. I just replied to that email finally asking what exactly they are asking me to do since its not very clear what they want. I've been very patient for and when i first enquired for any updates or new info in June I was treated like a pest the first time back in June way after the supposed date of sending then i asked here a week ago now being the middle of july if there was and updates or info on my order and they were not nearly as negative to me but of course still had no real answer or time scale which seems a little odd at this point being so long and other sites having sent out there's I am also starting to wonder what's up and why my controller is still not on its way or even in their possession yet like i figured it should be at least

Hi. Just got the following reply from Autelpilot customer service after my third email inquiry. Not sure what to take away from it. I live in fear they’re going to ship me the V2 with no way now of ordering the V1 Smart Controller from another vendor, which is the Evo Pro drone version I own. Have to assume it will all work out which has been my experience ordering from China before.

“Please wait patiently for the launch of the product. We will deliver the goods in early August. We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused to you.

If you have any problem, please let me know asap.
Glad to be of service.”

Anyone yet receive a Smart Controller V1 from the store Autelpilot? It’s now August 27 and my preorder was placed April 26th. Ugh! No controller and no replies to my emails placed to the company for a month.

Anyone yet receive a Smart Controller V1 from the store Autelpilot? It’s now August 27 and my preorder was placed April 26th. Ugh! No controller and no replies to my emails placed to the company for a month.
Hello Bikemoster,

I never purchased from Autelpilot, and I hope they are a legitimate business. Appears to me, by now you should have received the SmartController V1.

I know a limited number were distributed out, maybe ask for a refund and hopefully they honor ‘this request swiftly.

Good luck, keep us posted.
Paul

I have read somewhere that AutelPilot ships from China and I believe this store is not from Autel directly. I preordered my SC v1 from @advexure and they were very helpful. Now, I'm waiting for my Sc v2 and Evo 2 P V2 also from @advexure. You should ask for a refund.
When I first looked at that site, I thought that it was deliberately made to look like a factory site. When I looked at the Contact page, I realized they were based in China. I didn't look any further. I had already ordered from Advexure anyhow...

Reactions: edgardcafe
if you have already paid, please be sure to be mindful of your rights to dispute the transaction particularly the timing. if it is coming from china, I have been known to wait up to 90 days from *shipping* before I throw in the towel.

Finally arrived! 🥴 Long overdue or and early Christmas present? :oops:

I pre-ordered my v1 Smart Controller in April with an initial deliver date of late May or early June being assured.

By late June, dragging well into July, even my local supplier was no longer willing to give any guarantees about a v1 SC being available - AT ALL. Apparently a production run of only 100 v1 units were to go to the USA, meaning there would be nothing left for the rest of the world's Autel EVOII users.
At about that point, my somewhat embarrassed supplier refunded the pre-order deposit - and that seemed to be the end of that! Just left me to ponder whether to upgrade my existing Crystal Sky monitor to the larger size unit - a very expensive and less than ideal option in my view.

Thankfully, I hadn't done much flying during the winter months here; literally squeezing in a bare handful of flights, between a huge amount of rain and significant flooding of the town, to cover parts of a long term project I had been offered, including so far the demolition and start of a new hospital build.

However, an unexpected email from my supplier arrived at the end of November - a small shipment of v1 Smart Controller's were being shipped to NZ, and if I still wanted one it would be in the country by mid December. Finally, a couple of days ahead of that scheduled date, I was able to pick it up yesterday. One happy dude
😁

The battery has now been fully charged up. And, being thankful for understanding a little written Simplified Chinese I was able to switch both system and app languages to English without any problems.

(For anyone still trying to figure out the process, or waiting on delivery of their SC, changing from Chinese over to a language of their choice will be required in both areas - there has already been a good post on AutelPilots that provides such information, but the process has a logical pathway via system and app 'Settings', and shouldn't be too onerous to change to English by dragging this option to a position above the default - Chinese - language, where it will then have "1" automatically added next to it. A reboot should not be required, but might be desirable).

Sadly, it is still raining here today so there won't be an opportunity for a real world flight until maybe next week end. I'll just have to keep watching those YouTube reviews to pick up more tips and tricks.

Apologies; any experiential feedback from me will have to come a little later - perhaps after Christmas!

Happy and safe flying :cool:;)

Last edited:

I pre-ordered my v1 Smart Controller in April with an initial deliver date of late May or early June being assured.

By late June, dragging well into July, even my local supplier was no longer willing to give any guarantees about a v1 SC being available - AT ALL. Apparently a production run of only 100 v1 units were to go to the USA, meaning there would be nothing left for the rest of the world's Autel EVOII users.
At about that point, my somewhat embarrassed supplier refunded the pre-order deposit - and that seemed to be the end of that! Just left me to ponder whether to upgrade my existing Crystal Sky monitor to the larger size unit - a very expensive and less than ideal option in my view.

Thankfully, I hadn't done much flying during the winter months here; literally squeezing in a bare handful of flights, between a huge amount of rain and significant flooding of the town, to cover parts of a long term project I had been offered, including so far the demolition and start of a new hospital build.

However, an unexpected email from my supplier arrived at the end of November - a small shipment of v1 Smart Controller's were being shipped to NZ, and if I still wanted one it would be in the country by mid December. Finally, a couple of days ahead of that scheduled date, I was able to pick it up yesterday. One happy dude
😁

The battery has now been fully charged up. And, being thankful for understanding a little written Simplified Chinese I was able to switch both system and app languages to English without any problems. (For anyone still trying to figure out the process, or waiting on delivery of their SC, changing from Chinese over to a language of their choice will be required in both areas - there has already been a good post on AutelPilots that provides such information, but the process has a logical pathway via system and app 'Settings', and shouldn't be too onerous to change to English by dragging this option to a position above the default - Chinese - language, where it will then have "1" automatically added next to it ).

Sadly, it is still raining here today so there won't be an opportunity for a real world flight until maybe next week end. I'll just have to keep watching those YouTube reviews to pick up more tips and tricks.

Apologies; any experiential feedback from me will have to come a little later - perhaps after Christmas!

Great news ! Glad you got the V1 Smart Controller. Just in case, I bought an extra standard V1 controller, in case anything happens to my current V1 standard controller. It's sitting in my closet, still in it's box, just in case. My current standard remote is modified with an alientech amplified antenna, and I use a 1200 nit tripltek pro to view the app. If this remote breaks, I will just have to transfer everything to the new V1 remote. However, in anticipation of Autels EVO3 and other products to be released, I am selling my V1 evo 2 pro. I'm selling it with both remotes. The buyer , i hope, will be happy to have the extra remote in case the the standard v1 remotes become unavailable. Or, maybe I should save it, until they do, and sell it at a premium price. LOL. Just joking.

😁

The battery has now been fully charged up. And, being thankful for understanding a little written Simplified Chinese I was able to switch both system and app languages to English without any problems.

(For anyone still trying to figure out the process, or waiting on delivery of their SC, changing from Chinese over to a language of their choice will be required in both areas - there has already been a good post on AutelPilots that provides such information, but the process has a logical pathway via system and app 'Settings', and shouldn't be too onerous to change to English by dragging this option to a position above the default - Chinese - language, where it will then have "1" automatically added next to it. A reboot should not be required, but might be desirable).

Congratulations! Early Christmas present ;)

Well done, glad to hear you scored a SC V1 model they are extremely rare to find now.

Congrats again! 🙂

very cool. it sounds like there are still a few v1 sc units left in the world....either that or "someone" has found a way to make them or modify them to work as v1. certainly the numbers could be off, miscounts, unfinished units, quality stuff...so expected to always have a few out there but it's starting to sound like more than 100. in any case, that's good news for a lot of v1 owners looking to sc because the evo3 + v3 sc = $$,$$$

Anyone else here buy a smart controller spring order and didn't receive it from autel pilot. I emailed them they said they quit making it and said they would refund my money over month ago and I didn't receive that either. Now I'm out$1,199 dollars.

Congratulations! Early Christmas present ;)

Well done, glad to hear you scored a SC V1 model they are extremely rare to find now.

Congrats again! 🙂
Anyone else here buy a smart controller spring order and didn't receive it from autel pilot. I emailed them they said they quit making it and said they would refund my money over month ago and I didn't receive that either. Now I'm out$1,199 dollars.

just call your credit card company and ask for a refund or click on the button and dispute your paypal payment. it's that easy, you don't need to hear back from "autel pilot."

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
just call your credit card company and ask for a refund or click on the button and dispute your paypal payment. it's that easy, you don't need to hear back from "autel pilot."
I called PayPal and it's over 6 months nothing they can do and I even sent a money request

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58