Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Slight Range Test and Wind test

surenmunoo

Reaction score
Tested the Lite+ on a small range test but more the wind which was about 36km/h maybe less at the height I was but the drone handled very badly in the wind. Had gimbal vibrations, props in the shots. This drone is not a Level 7 wind resistant drone. I get those Gimbal errors every time if fly into the wind that is over 20km/h. Very bad.

Props in the shot is starting to be a common thing on foldable drones due to the increase in FOV, it happens to Air 2S and Mavic 3 also. The wider the lens, the harder for them to not appear. Props can also cast shadow on the camera depending on the sun position, thus producing a flickering effect do to the use of electronic shutter.

On DJI drones, the thing that works when the gimbal has shifted so much that props are being visible is to leave the drone hovering for 5 secs or so until the gimball recenters again by itself (I haven't faced wind yet on my Lite+ but props appeared quite often on my previous Air 2S).

The gimbal problem happens due to the pitch of the aircraft when it flies, it simply reaches the limit. They should fix it by limiting the upwards moving angle a bit more to prevent this from happening, as DJI did with the Mini 2 a few months after the release. Meanwhile don't try to look all the way up (+30º) while moving, stay at +10º or +20º, use +30º only while hovering.

Props in the shot is starting to be a common thing on foldable drones due to the increase in FOV, it happens to Air 2S and Mavic 3 also. The wider the lens, the harder for them to not appear. Props can also cast shadow on the camera depending on the sun position, thus producing a flickering effect do to the use of electronic shutter.

On DJI drones, the thing that works when the gimbal has shifted so much that props are being visible is to leave the drone hovering for 5 secs or so until the gimball recenters again by itself (I haven't faced wind yet on my Lite+ but props appeared quite often on my previous Air 2S).

The gimbal problem happens due to the pitch of the aircraft when it flies, it simply reaches the limit. They should fix it by limiting the upwards moving angle a bit more to prevent this from happening, as DJI did with the Mini 2 a few months after the release. Meanwhile don't try to look all the way up (+30º) while moving, stay at +10º or +20º, use +30º only while hovering.
Not really. If you watch the video you will see there was no props in view until I started recording(Another bug) Gimbal was at 0 degrees when I started to record and then the props came in. In general you don't get the props in view, well not in Mavic 3 even in 60km/h winds which I did on top of a mountain. For me not to pitch the camera full up is like having features in the drone that I must not use because Autel made it poorly. This is my honest reviews of it and I paid money for a drone that needs to work for what was advertised.

That's how it is for every drone out there nowadays, Mini 2 still has bugs, Air 2S still has bugs, DJI Fly still breaks from time to time, Mavic 3 came out with half the features...

Usually takes about two or three months from the release to fix the major bugs on DJI and I don't know if Autel Evol Lite can be considered to be officially out yet, because stock is hard to find and Airdata doesn't even work with Autel Sky or Lite logs yet.

Hi, pilots. Today wind was 9m/s with gusts 18m/s it close to level 5. I compared Evo Lite+ with Mavic 2 Pro. Against wind Mavic flew up to 49km/h in Sport mode and up tp 36km/h in Position mode. Evo Lite+ flew up to 26km/h in Ludicrous mode but at some moments speed were 2-3km/h. In Normal mode max speed was 7km/h and quite often drone was drifted back. I'm very disappointed with this result. Drone can't fly forward with wind level 5. What happened with it on wind level 7? I hope this can be fixed in firmware, but if not this will be Autel big fail.

Also i made holding position test with headwind and sidewind. Result quite good. Video of this test is here:

Hi, pilots. Today wind was 9m/s with gusts 18m/s it close to level 5. I compared Evo Lite+ with Mavic 2 Pro. Against wind Mavic flew up to 49km/h in Sport mode and up tp 36km/h in Position mode. Evo Lite+ flew up to 26km/h in Ludicrous mode but at some moments speed were 2-3km/h. In Normal mode max speed was 7km/h and quite often drone was drifted back. I'm very disappointed with this result. Drone can't fly forward with wind level 5. What happened with it on wind level 7? I hope this can be fixed in firmware, but if not this will be Autel big fail.

Also i made holding position test with headwind and sidewind. Result quite good. Video of this test is here:
The Lite is basically useless in the winds, I had also compared it with the Mavic 3 and it was horrible in 36km/h winds. Honestly I would not trust this drone in winds and would rather use the M3. I did question this with Autel as well saying that they advertised this drone as a Level 7 wind rated drone but feels more like a mini in winds, no response from them.

The Lite is basically useless in the winds, I had also compared it with the Mavic 3 and it was horrible in 36km/h winds. Honestly I would not trust this drone in winds and would rather use the M3. I did question this with Autel as well saying that they advertised this drone as a Level 7 wind rated drone but feels more like a mini in winds, no response from them.
Need to write them too. More unsaitisfyed clients, more possibility they will try to fix it. I had M3. Don't like it in overall but in strong wind it is the best drone i ever saw.

Yeah this thing is pretty terrible in winds. I thought they would have learned from the Evo2 which also sucks. Especially considering it’s bulk.

I've written them about the speed issues, timelapse issues, etc. They don't even respond anymore.

Reactions: newkamikaze
the evo 1, was worst.... I remember I had to do magic, to bring it close, and had to land in a school about a mile away...

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy