Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Returned my Lite+

Harleymhs

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Picked up a Lite + last week. I currently have Air2s & Mini 3 Pro with DJI RC.. After a week of use, things I noticed.

RC battery went to half after one full battery of the lite + was done.
Photos were very digitalized tried all settings.
Sunset photos were Blurry.. Tried Manual and AF Still couldn't focus on the orange clouds.
Very large and heavy compared to the Air2s
No RC with a screen in the works. ( mini 3 pro has one and I just ordered RCpro ) so now both DJI drones will never need a phone ( the one they have now will only work with the Evo 2 Pro )
New RC was so top heave with my Iphone 11 Pro max on it hard to fly being so top heavy and hard to hold with the small RC ( like an xbox remote w a 6.7 " phone attached )
Gimbal took 5-6 min to settle in ( take off later adjusting gimbal ) it says! Once it was done and you move the location of the drone it started all over again! TAKE OFF LATER!
Autel APP very busy compared to the DJY Fly app ( clean looking on phone )
Range was identical as my Air2s , no issues here.
Also very quiet .. More quiet than the air 2 s .. No Problems here

This is JMO not dogging it in any way, just my experience. Hope this helps someone. Their support was point on. Got back to me in hours w RMA and even sent a return shipping label! Cant say enough about their Great Customer Service!

Reactions: cturtle97
Fair enough, if that is your experience! Each to their own. 👍

I had (and still have) a MA prior to purchasing my Evo Lite+.
I'm fairly impressed with the Lite+ - especially with the low light ability (it can be fairly overcast during the day time here in the UK). I only use branded (Sandisk Extreme) A2 rated SD cards, always record in 4K and have never had a problem with either my MA or the Lite+ and the image quality.
Totally agree with you on the gimbal calibration. It can be a PITA sometimes!
I use a Xiaomi Mi 11 on my RC and have no issues with weight or balance, I do have hands like small shovels though!!
Personally, I don't feel there is too much difference between the app UI's. I do feel that the settings could be easier to navigate for some items on the Autel app and I do understand why you say it looks busy.
Loudness wise, the Lite+ rocks compared to my MA, which to be fair is known for it's loud props!

Reactions: cturtle97
I took mine out for an extended use yesterday and noticed also that it took a long time for the gimble to initialize when I turned everything on. I had to wait, and wait, and wait for the gimble to do it's thing before the "safe to fly" to come up

Might return mine too. Can't compare to my Mini 3 Pro. The DJI has much better range and I get much better footage at night.

Reactions: Harleymhs
Gimbal took 5-6 min to settle in
That seems unrealistic. I can see 5-6 seconds not minutes. If indeed you're correct you definitely had a bad unit. I also have the Air 2s and lately find myself using the Evo Lite + more than it.

Definitely have to return her after two days. Gimbal went wonky tonight. On paper
it's a great drone, especially for what I paid for it. ($923 on sale from Amazon). Way too
many problems having to worry about and don't have the time to correct. Have to purchase
DJI again.:(

Definitely have to return her after two days. Gimbal went wonky tonight. On paper
it's a great drone, especially for what I paid for it. ($923 on sale from Amazon). Way too
many problems having to worry about and don't have the time to correct. Have to purchase
DJI again.:(
Regardless of the brand or manufacturer, there will be times one can pick up a lemon. I have four DJI drones and the Autel Evo Lite + and have had no problems with it. In fact, it has become my go-to drone lately. Best wishes to you.

Maybe I'll send it back for another unit. I really do want to love this drone. I have an
EVO 2 8K that has worked flawlessly for a year and half.

I took mine out for an extended use yesterday and noticed also that it took a long time for the gimble to initialize when I turned everything on. I had to wait, and wait, and wait for the gimble to do it's thing before the "safe to fly" to come up
Mine had same issue, make sure all four gimbal suspensions are there. not sure if it is the cause but those rubbers get lost easily.
Mine also took extensive time to get GPS, but it was fixed after a IMU calibration.

Just thought I would chime in (months later, lol) - For Autel drones, all that I have had in any case, whenever the gimbal is taking a while to settle I do 2 things.

1. Use the gimbal wheel to move it up, then down a tiny bit. If it doesn't immediately show ready to fly:

2. Exit to the splash screen, then re-enter the interface.

This has never failed me. It is absolutely a Firmware issue with communication from the drone. The gimbal is ready, but if the controller misses the brief signal from the drone, the aircraft does not continue updating the controller. As a 44 year IT engineer, that is my interpretation if it, anyway based on the symptoms and the workaround that I do. Autel hardware is world class, Software is pre-school class, lol.

Might return mine too. Can't compare to my Mini 3 Pro. The DJI has much better range and I get much better footage at night.
maybe there is an update, because, I can't complain about range, I can do 2 miles no issues.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials