Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Skydio 2 VS Autel EVO | What’s $999 Get You ?

Tough call... I love my Evo but the skydio features are amazing

Just from his video comparing the video both are very good but I did prefer the Skydio over the EVO. Seemed to me to have more dynamic range.

Attention in the video, the Skydio flies higher than the Evo which shaves the grass. The Skydio captures more light by being high and less light from the front.

You are comparing a new drone with a year and half old drone. Tech wise the Skydio should be superior. Even then, other than their OA system, it does not bring anything that would prompt many Evo users to sell their drone to get a Skydio. In my opinion.

You are comparing a new drone with a year and half old drone. Tech wise the Skydio should be superior. Even then, other than their OA system, it does not bring anything that would prompt many Evo users to sell their drone to get a Skydio. In my opinion.
Very true viewpoint, I almost bought a skydio, Maybe down the road the drone obsession in me will catch up and I may get one. I have like 4 minutes on my EVO and it seems very well compared to other considerations I were looking at.

Very true viewpoint, I almost bought a skydio, Maybe down the road the drone obsession in me will catch up and I may get one. I have like 4 minutes on my EVO and it seems very well compared to other considerations I were looking at.
The Evo's camera is better than the Mavic 2 zoom without of course of the zoom feature.

The Skydio has a market niche like a flying gopro. The EVO market is a different market. The cameras seem pretty close although I felt like the EVO looked better in the example.

The EVO is still a very fine drone. The Skydio seems to be superior and excellent at tracking and obstacle avoidance. But there are reviews out now of flying the Skydio with a controller, which is very insuperior compared to the EVO controller, no telemetry shown. So it depends on how you will fly. If you want to do a lot of Tracking or Follow Me videos, the Skydio is great. But for all other functions, the EVO is still great.

Reactions: DanielC
I think skydio has a Nintendo policy: you always have 1 Nintendo next to a playstation or xbox!

I've seen the Skydio get stuck behind trees as well. I mean it is better with its sensors, but eh...you got to buy the extra becon and crap.

Less than a mile range with remote in open area with no wi-fi interference on the Skydio. Image breakup roughly 1/2 mile out. Very weak image transmission even with remote on the Skydio and no telemetry is a deal breaker in mho for $1K drone. If you stay within 1K ft of yourself at all times then the Skydio has some compelling selling points.

Reactions: FePhoenix
Other than the OA on the Skydio2, the Evo has it beat. Longer range, better telemetry, and everything comes with it at the $999 price. Sydio charge extra for controllers l believe.

Other than the OA on the Skydio2, the Evo has it beat. Longer range, better telemetry, and everything comes with it at the $999 price. Sydio charge extra for controllers l believe.
That's correct... Skydio 2 with controller is $1,150. If you want the beacon device too, in total will be around $1,300 excluding taxes.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791