Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO Max 4T vs. DJI Matrice 30T. M30T Killer??

Your comparison is between the onboard cameras and don’t include the platforms. I doubt Autel would come out on top in that comparison.

It looks like the decision to buy will depend on the buyer's budget and if that extra 40x is worth it to them. Otherwise they are fairly close but the Max is way smaller which might appeal to many buyers.

In a perfect world, if I had a company that had a need for these two drones and were buying, say 5 of them, I'd buy one M30T and 4 Max T's. I'd also make damn sure the M30T didn't have that nasty mission killing geofencing.

Reactions: pyrozyme
I for one love the competition and hope it makes all manufacturers innovate and even bring prices down.
I am not sure where the Max fits in though. It's in its own league if you take what Autel has and the rumors of what Autel is bringing.

The Evo 2 Enterprise 640T seems like a direct competitor to the Mavic 3 T. I like how Autel will let you swap payloads so you can only have one airframe and either map or do thermography. But it is missing a multispectral.
You would think the Max is aiming at the M30T, but rumor is the Autel Alpha is the competitor and will be unveiled soon.
There is also rumor of an Autel Titan and I would assume this will target the M300 RTK as the Dragonfly is again in a league of its own.

I am shopping for an IP rated platform and have some good choices but am waiting to see some long term reviews and also how Autel's software and firmware plays out.
On my list though, the FLIR Siras seems to be calling out with swappable payloads, a promise that this platform will be around for a while (DJI innovates a bit too rapidly for my budget) and the ability to use on government projects (Not a Blue sUAS) but not Chinese.
Also Autel needs an Enterprise Care for their Enterprise drones. At the end of the day I like to sleep at night knowing that $10K won't fall from the sky and leave me with a lighter wallet and no platform.

"M30T Killer??"
I have neither craft, but I highly doubt it. Unless, you are saying that all of a sudden, Autel software is now on par with DJI?
Staking the reputation of Florida Drone Supply on that? 🤔
Or, just click bait?
We fly both the M30T and the Autel Evo Max 4T almost daily. The new updates to the Autel software, the ease of use, and the flexibility of the Autel Evo Max 4T is an M30T killer in the sense that you can spend $8999 and get 99% of the features that the M30T has on it.
Now, the M30T is a world class drone and we absolutely love it. You can't beat the IP Rating, the speed, the DJI RC Plus, and the DJI Care plans available. With that said, if I was a company or an individual looking for a drone for use in industrial inspections, power lines, or public safety, and budget was a concern, the Evo Max 4T will win every day.
The M30T also has a fixed payload, where the Evo Max 4T will have adaptable cameras that you switch out: Multispectral, Night Camera, and the current one on the platform.
Definitely not clickbait, just giving honest opinions that you don't have to spend $13,999 to get amazing technology for your missions.

Reactions: Eagle928
A few questions on capability:
-Is the mission software fully operational yet?
-Does it have a function like the pinpoint marking and saving capability in DJI Pilot 2?
-Is there a point of interest function yet?

A few questions on capability:
-Is the mission software fully operational yet?
-Does it have a function like the pinpoint marking and saving capability in DJI Pilot 2?
-Is there a point of interest function yet?
Nope. At the moment, the only missions you can plan are waypoint missions. I don't know what you mean by saving capability of a pinpoint.

Nope. At the moment, the only missions you can plan are waypoint missions. I don't know what you mean by saving capability of a pinpoint.
Many thanks - useful. DJI Pilot 2 software allows the saving of pinpoints and sharing them with others via Flight Hub. You can save them between flights I believe as well.

DJI Pilot 2 software allows the saving of pinpoints and sharing them with others via Flight Hub. You can save them between flights I believe as well.
Their marketing videos showed this working between multiple Max 4T copters and a dragonfish. But I think we all know not to take a marketing video as fact. It is at least something they think it should and could do.

Good to know the software is working well. Autel's hardware has never been an issue. The software side has been much, much less than enterprise. Of course you know that!
Do you have an advanced update, mine is lacking everything.

So it saves only one file? no tiff or IRC?

If so the file must be a R-Jpeg, with all the radiometric values

Can NOT read it in any of my thermal programs? is this an R-Jpeg or one of three files, I'll need all three if so...

Can NOT read it in any of my thermal programs? is this an R-Jpeg or one of three files, I'll need all three if so...
I'm looking for a thermal program reader for the files and video as well. Autel's won't look at them. any suggestions as to what to try?

not sure, need to know if its a rjpeg or three different file types, if it is three then I need all three

It saves just (1) JPG for the thermal file. There was a firmware update yesterday for it, so I will try again today to see what kind of output that I get.

Thanks

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller