Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Signal booster

Gfd1182

Reaction score
Has anyone used the signal boosters
That go on top of the antennas they are made of metal and reflect the signal back to the drone

I wanted to see if anyone has any feedback

I have some i will be trying after i do a range test with the stock antennas, I'll report back when I try them

Is there any evidence that the signal boosters help with interference or obstacles blocking the signal?

The OA should work as described unless it’s turned off in the app

Has anyone used the signal boosters
That go on top of the antennas they are made of metal and reflect the signal back to the drone

I wanted to see if anyone has any feedback
Think about how these thingies are supposed to work. The reflectors are purported to be parabolic shapes, which in theory will alter the beam width of the stock antenna to focus the radiated energy forward. If (BIG IF!!) the reflectors were perfect parabolas, and IF the spacing between the reflector and the radiating element is exactly right, the antenna pattern will be as described, and a minute increase in range/reliability would be realized. The problems, however, are my imperfect measurements on the devices I have show them to be far from the accurate shape needed. Next, the distance from the radiator varies with the manner in which the R/C is held (due to slop in the attachment methods. Finally, you don't get sumthin' for nuttin' Increased radiation in one direction means a reduction in energy elsewhere, and if the devices work to perfection you'll have to be spot on in aiming the beam (which you can't see). Really tough to do when wearing goggles or using a sun shade hood on the R/C.

IMNSHO, the hassles are not worth it. Just Sayin'

Reactions: Normex and mixchief
Is there any evidence that the signal boosters help with interference or obstacles blocking the signal?
The passive boosters turn the antenna directional so the opposite will happen. Any obstacles will be more obtrusive and the antenas will need to be pointed directly at the craft, if you deviate you will suffer signal loss.

Reactions: Normex and alekaras
Think about how these thingies are supposed to work. The reflectors are purported to be parabolic shapes, which in theory will alter the beam width of the stock antenna to focus the radiated energy forward. If (BIG IF!!) the reflectors were perfect parabolas, and IF the spacing between the reflector and the radiating element is exactly right, the antenna pattern will be as described, and a minute increase in range/reliability would be realized. The problems, however, are my imperfect measurements on the devices I have show them to be far from the accurate shape needed. Next, the distance from the radiator varies with the manner in which the R/C is held (due to slop in the attachment methods. Finally, you don't get sumthin' for nuttin' Increased radiation in one direction means a reduction in energy elsewhere, and if the devices work to perfection you'll have to be spot on in aiming the beam (which you can't see). Really tough to do when wearing goggles or using a sun shade hood on the R/C.

IMNSHO, the hassles are not worth it. Just Sayin'
You are absolutely right, however though they are mathematically imperfect they do work, I got a 30% increase in range on my inspire 1, I’ve yet to test them on the EVO, but I really don’t think it needs anything, has more than enough range for me without a hiccup, as far as I want to go I’ve gone, but just for fun I’m going to push it.

Last edited:
You are absolutely right, however though they are mathematically imperfect they do work, I got a 30% increase in range on my inspire 1, I’ve yet to test them on the EVO, not I really don’t think it needs anything, has more than enough range for me without a hiccup, as far as Inwant to go I’ve gone, but just for fun I’m going to push it.

Thanks for all the great input
Let me know how it goes when u try them out

20-30% is about right under “ideal” conditions. I have them for one of my XSP’s. If you have strong interference along your flight path, they’ll have zero affect.

They make these for many RC’s. Many say they have no affect whatsoever, but I think they do help. Nothing dramatic but they do help a bit...

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58