Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Should I Void My Warranty On My Controller

I did not even consider that. Oh well I went and did it anyway. LOL It makes a huge difference in signal. Night and day.

And two Instant Pots so you have lots of additional time to fly. LOL BTW, I love the idea of adding standard antenna connectors. Did you do it yourself or did you have it done by someone?

LP

Every drone needs detachable antennas on the remote. Where did you guys get yours. I think I will add them. My Evo antennas are perfectly fine, no cracks or anything. I know my Mavic antennas broke off, and DJI said not to use any non OEM antennas. Was over $100 for fix them. Evo remote antennas seem ok so far, I just want to prepare. I've seen some 2.4 5G antennas on Ali Express and Amazon. Some are really big though.

Where did you find the black antennas for your controller? Are they 9dB? The ones I keep finding are 8dB or 5dB.
Don't let any of that confuse you. It is all nonsense. Antenna's are one of the most false advertised things there is. There is no way to achieve that amount of gain in a rubber duck antenna. The amount of space in the controller is tight. I had my battery glued down over to far to one side. I had to carefully lift it and move it to center. It is that tight. Here is the kit I used: Amazon.com: HUACAM HCM82 2X 8dBi 2.4GHz 5GHz 5.8GHz Dual Band Wireless Network WiFi RP SMA Male Antenna+2x15CM U.FL/IPEX to RP SMA Female Pigtail Cable: Computers & Accessories

Reactions: Ansia
Don't let any of that confuse you. It is all nonsense. Antenna's are one of the most false advertised things there is. There is no way to achieve that amount of gain in a rubber duck antenna. The amount of space in the controller is tight. I had my battery glued down over to far to one side. I had to carefully lift it and move it to center. It is that tight. Here is the kit I used: Amazon.com: HUACAM HCM82 2X 8dBi 2.4GHz 5GHz 5.8GHz Dual Band Wireless Network WiFi RP SMA Male Antenna+2x15CM U.FL/IPEX to RP SMA Female Pigtail Cable: Computers & Accessories
What about the cable length? How did you manage to fit it all. I do know that one cable is longer than the other.

What about the cable length? How did you manage to fit it all. I do know that one cable is longer than the other.
The cables are not a problem. The longer one is only longer because it it glued along the outside of the case. I didn't worry about it. If you want to do that the cable in that kit is long enough. There is plenty of space for both cables looped once under the battery.

The cables are not a problem. The longer one is only longer because it it glued along the outside of the case. I didn't worry about it. If you want to do that the cable in that kit is long enough. There is plenty of space for both cables looped once under the battery.
I had ordered a kit with the cables that had exact measurement. I hadn't ordered the antennas, because they were white. My wife threw the cables away and they were $13 ea. Was hesitant to order them again, until you arrived. Just placed my order.

I had ordered a kit with the cables that had exact measurement. I hadn't ordered the antennas, because they were white. My wife threw the cables away and they were $13 ea. Was hesitant to order them again, until you arrived. Just placed my order.
I have a wife that does that same crap man. I have to hide stuff. Let me know how your install goes. Right after I got the new antennas on we had a huge wild fire breakout here. There are flight restrictions in my entire immediate area right now. It really sucks. I am just hoping they get this fire out soon. They have like 700+ firefighters working on it and it is 0% contained.

NewZona are connectors on the cables that came with the kit you posted in the link a direct fit or did you have to cut and splice the old connectors on the new cables ? I just ordered the kit you posted . My antennas have started to crack for a second time first time i sent in to autel for repair . How is the range ?

They must not like @Atomic08 and me, because we live at the other side of the US.
hey I live in the absolute opposite coast (FL) I sent mine in for repairs and had it back in almost exactly 14 days, the problem is the actual shipping, as USPS is a joke, they had the bird exactly 3 days and sent it back, but maybe, just maybe it's bound to happen that out of a hundred a couple get less than stellar service. DJI also treated me well however a simple battery replacement took over a month to complete.

hey I live in the absolute opposite coast (FL) I sent mine in for repairs and had it back in almost exactly 14 days, the problem is the actual shipping, as USPS is a joke, they had the bird exactly 3 days and sent it back, but maybe, just maybe it's bound to happen that out of a hundred a couple get less than stellar service. DJI also treated me well however a simple battery replacement took over a month to complete.
I live in the eastern most territory of the US. Took 3 days for it to arrive to Autel. 3 weeks with Autel and 2 and half weeks via USPS slowest shipping to get to me. They did absolutely nothing to my Evo, so to me Autel's service isn't worth it. I al willing to pay to get it fixed faster.

I need some help. I have tried everything I could think off, but the antennas keep hitting the battery. I've even twisted the antennas outward, but it keeps hitting it. I don't know if my battery is bigger than standard, but it just won't fit. Any ideas?
20190626_232811.jpg20190626_233115.jpg20190626_233108.jpg20190626_233054.jpg

Last edited:
Update. I removed the nut washer in order to make it fit. Had to apply a bit of force. Hopefully I did not break the already fragile antenna. Did a simple testing in my house, but since it's night time, no flying for now. I usually don't do range testing, but I will push 2,000 feet to see how to signal holds. I will do it first without the antennas installed, later with antennas to see if there is any difference.15616091628998394328176841994066.jpg

Update. I removed the nut washer in order to make it fit. Had to apply a bit of force. Hopefully I did not break the already fragile antenna. Did a simple testing in my house, but since it's night time, no flying for now. I usually don't do range testing, but I will push 2,000 feet to see how to signal holds. I will do it first without the antennas installed, later with antennas to see if there is any difference.View attachment 4632
I had the same problem but i flipped the battery over so the battery wires were opposite side of the antennas and that worked for me.

I had the same problem but i flipped the battery over so the battery wires were opposite side of the antennas and that worked for me.
Tried that. Battery is glued hard onto a plastic bracket, which in turn is screwed into the controller. So it was a no go. I completed it. Now it's time for testing.

I was able to remove the battery. I don't think it's stuck to the tray anymore though. I have not tested the new antennas yet let us know how it goes. My stock antennas were replaced by autel a few weeks ago and already one of the replacements started to crack that's why I decided to replace them myself.

I was able to remove the battery. I don't think it's stuck to the tray anymore though. I have not tested the new antennas yet let us know how it goes. My stock antennas were replaced by autel a few weeks ago and already one of the replacements started to crack that's why I decided to replace them myself.
I got my antennas replaced, but Autel never told me. I found out last night when I went to open my controller, I saw that the label and caps had been removed poorly. I did save my original antennas, just in case. I will test them between now (8:50am) and 10am.

Edit: make it noon. Work is preventing me right now and the day is gorgeous.15616401357412981424362951825302.jpg

Reactions: Tufargon
Update : as life would have it. It started raining, so my flight is postponed until further notice..
20190627_124744.jpg

Last edited:
I got my antennas replaced, but Autel never told me. I found out last night when I went to open my controller, I saw that the label and caps had been removed poorly. I did save my original antennas, just in case. I will test them between now (8:50am) and 10am.

Edit: make it noon. Work is preventing me right now and the day is gorgeous.View attachment 4634
I hate it when that happens

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials