Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Shaking Gimbal

Spikemixture

Reaction score
Hi,

About to fly for only the second time and the gimbal is going crazy.

Shaking violently until i turn off the craft.

Tried calibrating but it turns the gimbal off as I think too hot - it is hot to touch.

This craft has had no accidents and has been flying once.

I also gety "Gimbal attitude is abnormal" in a orange box
Also
"gimbal motor close, will work again after restarting the aircraft"
And
"The gimbal is not ready , do not fly "

Calibrating - result - "Failed to calibrate the gimbal"

video-26e9d64a9aa3243b66443a69c168f3f0-V_33009073_1596785027_2112721316_-123949020_converted.gif

The shaking is about 4 or 5 longer than this vid

I have sent same details to Autel

Last edited:
Nothing got loose I have a brand new on after the newest update this the gimble is not ready keeps showing up on start up..I’ve seen others forums with similar same massages.There a firmware hiccup.What to do.

Ok I have a new pro 6k I’ve seen this happened to others out here and other forums.I had the same thing happen to me.I called autel there ar aware of the situation .the short fix right now is either recalibrate gimble or as everything is on .Unplug phone the connect All should be ok then .

Ok I have a new pro 6k I’ve seen this happened to others out here and other forums.I had the same thing happen to me.I called autel there ar aware of the situation .the short fix right now is either recalibrate gimble or as everything is on .Unplug phone the connect All should be ok then .
Hello Tom,

Recalibrate gimbal does not work!

Can you please word your Short Fix another way.
I don't understand this bit " or as everything is on .Unplug phone the connect "

Mine and others is a different situation you should call Autel

You did say " Ok I have a new pro 6k I’ve seen this happened to others out here and other forums.I had the same thing happen to me.I called autel there ar aware of the situation"

But now it's a different situation ??
What was/is your and others situation?

Anyway I live in the Philippines so will not be calling Autel but am having ongoing email with their support.
This will be a test as to how exceptional Autel's support can be!
The EVO2 has been flown just once and was brought in from China and as stated I live in the Philippines.

I had the same problem and had to reload the latest firmware. That solved it for me. Went to Autel site and downloaded to a memory card then put card in EVO and fired it up. Was asked if I wanted to update firmware and I proceeded. After that, my gamble issues went away. I still have the yaw drift everyone is talking about though.

I had the same problem and had to reload the latest firmware. That solved it for me. Went to Autel site and downloaded to a memory card then put card in EVO and fired it up. Was asked if I wanted to update firmware and I proceeded. After that, my gamble issues went away. I still have the yaw drift everyone is talking about though.
Thanks the reply

I have gone back to 2.1 with no luck. Then onto 2.5 again both via microsd card x2. I might try going back to 2.1 then do ota for the 2.5 update.
Still waiting for Autel next suggestion

Thanks the reply

I have gone back to 2.1 with no luck. Then onto 2.5 again both via microsd card x2. I might try going back to 2.1 then do ota for the 2.5 update.
Still waiting for Autel next suggestion

How did you roll back your firmware? I thought that wasn't possible.

How did you roll back your firmware? I thought that wasn't possible.

Put the 2.1 bin file on a Microsd , stuck it in and restarted the aircraft.
But now u got me thinking. It definitely went thru the process but maybe it didn't actually downgrade.
I didn't look to confirm .
Will try again anyway... and let u know in 12 hours.

Reactions: PingSpike
Put the 2.1 bin file on a Microsd , stuck it in and restarted the aircraft.
But now u got me thinking. It definitely went thru the process but maybe it didn't actually downgrade.
I didn't look to confirm .
Will try again anyway... and let u know in 12 hours.
Said it was successful but did not fix my problem so went back to 2.5.
Now have to send aircraft back to China !

Yer just asking to brick it if you try to go backwards on Autel firmware. You can't do it. Usually it will just fail and yer left what you have but if it even starts then yer pretty well brickin' it.

Yer just asking to brick it if you try to go backwards on Autel firmware. You can't do it. Usually it will just fail and yer left what you have but if it even starts then yer pretty well brickin' it.
I went backwards to 2.1 and 2.3 then 'onwards' to 2.5 and still have shaking gimbal - so it's unusable so same as a "brick"

I have the same problem. I've only flown the Evo II Pro less than 5 times and got the following message: "gimbal motor stall protection please check around" & "gimbal motor close, will work again after restarting the aircraft". I have NOT bumped or crashed the aircraft, I did however do all the updates and still was unable to have a successful auto gimbal calibration. Does anyone have a solution for this issue or do I have to send it back to Autel directly?

Contact Autel support. They will suggest a few things but from my experience it is broken.
If u bought it in the US you can send it to Autel in California.

I have the same problem. I've only flown the Evo II Pro less than 5 times and got the following message: "gimbal motor stall protection please check around" & "gimbal motor close, will work again after restarting the aircraft". I have NOT bumped or crashed the aircraft, I did however do all the updates and still was unable to have a successful auto gimbal calibration. Does anyone have a solution for this issue or do I have to send it back to Autel directly?
I have had the same issues and cannot use it. Contacted Autel support and they spoke a great game, but I have yet to see what they will actually do. They are supposed to be sending me a RMA in an email. I presume it will have the return info in it. They really should just send me a tested working replacement. I only had it a week when I called them. DJI is looking better and better, especially now that Autel is implementing geo fencing. SMH

Any more advices in this topic? My friend have same problem with EVO II 8K. No crash and gimbal is dancing.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy