Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Settings to improve handling

palo34

Reaction score
just bought an autel evo, the handling is very disappointing. it is very hard to make a cinematic move, with gimbal, or rotating while moving around something. Please post what I can do to improve this.

A big problem that one can't overcome is the fact that there is no "ramping" in or out of changes in gimbal pitch. Starting and stopping changes in pitch are abrupt no mater how slowly one tries to do them.

Another pro ability missing from Autel's PRO.

Reactions: PingSpike
A big problem that one can't overcome is the fact that there is no "ramping" in or out of changes in gimbal pitch. Starting and stopping changes in pitch are abrupt no mater how slowly one tries to do them.

There is, you can change the gimbal settings so it barely ever moves go to gimbal or snaps

bad... even the mavic mini can be set very smooth, so you can continously film.

Remember this is a prosumer model and it is not a DJI Inspire 2 cinematic. It does what is was designed to
Settings > EXP > change all to .40 then got to sensitivity and set the following in this order: Attitude 80% / Brake 175% / Yaw 50%. See if this helps - did for me.
thank you... I can't find the Altitude / brake / yaw settings... where is it?

Flight Control > Advanced Settings > EXP > open and adjust then close NOW go back to where EXP is then right under the EXP you see Sensitivity open and adjust. You need to play with this to your flavor. You can slow it down to the point to where the drone almost does not react to any stick input. I set it so low the first time I thought my drone was stuck in limbo hell. LOL

Reactions: Greensky
ALSO you can try the Dual Stability mode but buyer beware, I damn near trashed the drone as when I let off of the stick the drone kept going quite a ways without stopping and had to use opposite stick to stop it before crashing into my house. You can really smooth out the camera but you better practice this in a wide open area to get a feel for how she will fly. My 2 cents. I fly building envelope inspections so I need smooth precise up close and personal photos of building flaws, blemish and or damages. I do like the optical zoom and dont have to fly 1 foot off a roof anymore (DJI prior) as the 2 or 3 Optical Zoom allows me to be 10 foot off the building which is a lot safer. I now have 3 hours of flight time with mine and once I got the settings trimmed out to my feel I actually like the drone. More than the DJI. It boils down to the normal statement, Hours of stick time equals perfection.

And last but not least, how you move the sticks determines a lot, I use small and easy push-pull movements not Fred Flintstone dig your feet into the stick movements. Which is why they have the RC calibration as it predicts they way you move the sticks hence the purpose of the calibration to your pressure and push movements.

those settings seems to be for an Evol II.... only can do the EXP....

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials