Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Self-commanded ascent

25%, to the best of my memory. It all happened fast, but I recall the 25% warning flashed and then immediately the drone shot upwards. The drone fell in the river, and the battery ejected itself. At first the battery acted weird, the second LED flashed when the test button was pressed. Now, over a week later, the first LED flashes four times, it seems to be acting normally again. If I understand the LED's, that means 12.5%? It's getting bulgy and won't fit into the drone. I don't dare try to charge it. Is any of this information on the SD card? It seems to be working.
A bulging battery is as good as dead.

A good rule of thumb might be that if you plan on flying UNDER trees, bridges, through the forest, etc., that you do it on a full battery and avoid those maneuvers as you approach low battery warnings to avoid a surprise RTH and a rapid ascent into overhead objects.

A good rule of thumb . . .
Better if Autel gave an adequate warning that it's gonna do something so rash as to blindly crash (having no upward facing sensors) into the unknown above, or, best of all, politely asking "do you want me to take over, or can you get me home safely by yourself with the remaining battery?" Pushing me out of the drivers seat was wrong. Surely Autel knew that this could present a problem, creating an emergency where none existed.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN