Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Screw sizes and parts for new member

smokeygt

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just got my first drone ever. Enterprise 6k. It was missing one of the tiny screws that hold down the camera ribbon. I called customer support and was told to go to a hardware store. Wow! well, ok, I'll just take the other one off and measure it. I lost it. Now I can't measure it to get a replacement. Anyone know the size? Am I missing something here? Parts aren't available? Have to go look for them ourselves? Jeesh! 4 grand and scrounging around for parts? Wish I knew this beforehand, I would have never bought it. She does fly wonderfully though.

• Wow
Reactions: agrofactory
Hi everyone, just got my first drone ever. Enterprise 6k. It was missing one of the tiny screws that hold down the camera ribbon. I called customer support and was told to go to a hardware store. Wow! well, ok, I'll just take the other one off and measure it. I lost it. Now I can't measure it to get a replacement. Anyone know the size? Am I missing something here? Parts aren't available? Have to go look for them ourselves? Jeesh! 4 grand and scrounging around for parts? Wish I knew this beforehand, I would have never bought it. She does fly wonderfully though.
yeah, those screws are super tiny. It isn't super critical (notwithstanding the annoyance of the loss) so how about going to a jewelry repair store and just getting a few that'll fit 'close enough' if you're comfortable with the idea. Once I remove them, I immediately place them in a prescription bottle which is easy to see (through) and not easy to misplace.

for your amusement: I decided to replace the battery in a Cartier quartz watch one time and placed the screw on a towel under the watch. The dog recognized the towel as one used for tug-o-war and the screw was never found. Local repair stores could not replace it and I ended up having to send to NYC...which had one sent from Europe. Cost to me was $90....for want of saving a few dollars replacing the battery myself.

Walter, sounds like you have a feisty dog. I had a towel underneath as well, still lost it. It was stuck to the screwdriver tip and flew away I guess. McMaster Carr has screws but I don't know the size or even if it's metric or SAE. Autel Customer service was not helpful. Is this how we must get our parts? I understand not having parts for older machines, but this is brand new. I am afraid of flying her without the ribbon being secured. I will continue the quest and post back my findings. Oh, thanks for the reply.

Customer service was not helpful. Is this how we must get our parts? I understand not having parts for older machines, but this is brand new. I am afraid of flying her without the ribbon being secured. I will continue the quest and post back my findings. Oh, thanks for the reply.
Autel has never stocked any parts for any of their drones from day one. This is a big complaint by many as most of us can fix our damaged drones our selfs. The way Autel works is they want you to send in your drone for repairs no matter how minor it might be. I am very surprised that they would not send out a replacement screw for a brand new drone. That just goes to show you the customer service still needs improving.
For body parts and motor arms you can find a lot of replacement parts on Aliepress.

Walter, sounds like you have a feisty dog. I had a towel underneath as well, still lost it. It was stuck to the screwdriver tip and flew away I guess. McMaster Carr has screws but I don't know the size or even if it's metric or SAE. Autel Customer service was not helpful. Is this how we must get our parts? I understand not having parts for older machines, but this is brand new. I am afraid of flying her without the ribbon being secured. I will continue the quest and post back my findings. Oh, thanks for the reply.
Autel should offer more parts as a way to differentiate themselves from DJI...

That being said my suggestion is to buy an "official screw pack" for the DJI Air 2, it basically ships with the whole set of screws needed for that drone but I am 95% confident that it will include a tiny screw that will fit the gimbal connector retraining plate. Below is a link to a reputable ebay seller otherwise there are more cheaper options on Ali Express.

Ok. thanks everyone. I will try your suggestions. I bought some screws at different sizes to find the correct one. The result will be posted so maybe it will help someone in the future. Its crazy how their parts are handled. Something so trivial has become a major odyssey.

Just got an email from Autel. They are sending me replacement screws. My faith is healing. I'm still checking for the proper size and such. Will advise.

Reactions: Detritalgeo
i was about to pull the screw and take measurements so glad you’re getting new screws! i wouldn’t have been able to measure pitch in any case

I didn't try to measure them because it's somewhat pointless not having precise specs. But I was pretty certain I've seen similar screw in my coffee can and pill bottles of spare parts and found a match. If you tired of waiting for a response from Autel, at least you'll know that the broken iPhone sitting on the shelf has a donor screw.

Another thought I had was computer motherboards which has similar sized, small fasteners

Attachments

• Autel Evo 2 Pro gimbal ribbon screw.JPG
    Autel Evo 2 Pro gimbal ribbon screw.JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
thanks for your suggestions. I'll check some old motherboards while waiting for Autel.

Hooray! Autel sent me 2 of the ones for ribbon hold down clip and also 2 for the orange breast plate that holds the gimbal on. I found the original screw, it is magnetic and was stuck to one of the rotor motors. The screw size for the ribbon hold down is 1.2 mm x 2mm with .25mm thread pitch. McMaster Carr has them. No affiliation with them other than found them to be fast shippers. I hope this helps someone.
So far, this thing has far exceeded my expectations. Great flyer! Always amazes me.

Reactions: waltermitty
Very, very tiny. I now have set of lockable medical tweezers and a magnifier. Customer service was pleasant and they have a happy customer here.

Since I work on mechanical watches, cell phones ... and now the drone, I had invested in locking hemostats with various tips, as well as a $10 set of something like these...having viewed numerous Youtube videos in which watch makers manipulated the small parts very effectively:
tweezer.JPG

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy