Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Ryze Tello or Yuneec Breeze

slvervper99

Reaction score
I know this is not an Autel drone but unfortunately; Autel does not make small drones like these ones are. And this is really not for me but a gift for family back home (Philippines). I've read that the Ryze Tello have DJI components in them and can be had for $99 and respectively the Breeze for $149 (including a Bluetooth controller) both of which can be purchased at Walmart. Any thoughts??? Thanks guys. BTW, still waiting on the EVO, I did not make any advance purchase. Will probably be waiting at the end of the year before I buy it if it comes out next month or whenever. lol.

The breeze can be flown outdoors with no problems. The Tello is more for indoor flights but it you can learn programing from it.
If it was me buying something a family member might use I would get the Breeze. Larger and more powerful with better video and pictures IMO

To learn how to fly, to get use to take shoots like flying backwards, to make some selfies, and to fly indoors: dji tello
To take good pictures, make some impressive videos, and to use different types of shoots (automatically and manually): dji spark

To learn how to fly, to get use to take shoots like flying backwards, to make some selfies, and to fly indoors: dji tello
To take good pictures, make some impressive videos, and to use different types of shoots (automatically and manually): dji spark

DJI spark is not in his price range for a gift nor was it mentioned

The Tello is a great outdoor flyer, the VPS works really well even with a 10-15 mph wind it’s rock solid steady. I have no experience with the Breeze but from the YT vids ive watched the Tello EIS is much better than what I’ve seen from the Breeze. For $100 you can’t do any better imho.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
The Tello is a great outdoor flyer, the VPS works really well even with a 10-15 mph wind it’s rock solid steady. I have no experience with the Breeze but from the YT vids ive watched the Tello EIS is much better than what I’ve seen from the Breeze. For $100 you can’t do any better imho.
Good to know

Just remember the Tello is a toy for young kids to learn on.
lol, Thanks for all the response I saw the size of the Tello and yes, I think it is for real novice flyers. But I think it is perfect since the people I am giving them to even though they are adults have no experience. The price of drones in the Philippines is crazy. I believe the exchange rate is $1 to 50 pesos. So the $100 Tello would cost 5,000 in Philippine currency.

I have bought the breeze and can tell you the bluetooth controller is worthless on either IOS or Android...I do fly the breeze using IOS and its OK. I have bought the Tello as gifts for my nieces and nephews and they have enjoyed it. flying indoors is an advantage for beginners....another alternative is the syma x5 x8...its in the under $100 price range...but I went with the tello as a gift.

Reactions: slvervper99
I was thinking of getting the Tello because I like fooling around with the app. The Breeze will not be in Wallmart much longer as the have dropped the line. If you can still get one for the cheap price I suggest getting one while you can. It is a great price at 149 for sure.

Reactions: slvervper99
Hmmmm, maybe I'll just both since it is for 2 relatives and they can duke it out :D on who gets what he he

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I was thinking of getting the Tello because I like fooling around with the app. The Breeze will not be in Wallmart much longer as the have dropped the line. If you can still get one for the cheap price I suggest getting one while you can. It is a great price at 149 for sure.

If your interested in easy drone programming and have a dji, check out DroneBlocks | Drones in Education. I've tried this w a p4p and it worked fine...much easier than learning an sdk....

Reactions: KentA

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d