Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Return to Home process/warnings

KeyMB

Reaction score
I’ve looked around this site and others to see if there was a solution or if it was just autel. Coming from The Mavic Pro 1, as soon as I take off, it records the home point and off we go. Comes back. My Evo, again not sure of true process, but I can’t set the Evo location to the HOME sitting there, motors not running. Take off and get the gps signal weak and home point may vary in location. Now if I open my settings, start the motors, then record the evo as the home point, I can take off no warnings or issues. Just curious if this is common with others? The drone still comes back to within a foot or 2 of its take off, even taking off with the weak gps signal warning. I will note that if done the first way, just taking off, my settings will not have the Evo highlighted as the return to home location. It can still be checked as to what one you’d like to use, but still returns home to there. Apologize for the long post, but this is something I am very fond of on my drones and the ability to safely return. Thanks for reading

Edit: my gps signal is at full strength when getting the warning when taking off my first way noted with th me Evo

From my very limited flight on my Evo and also coming from DJI, I understand what you mean. To my understanding you do not get an audible home point set. If you take off with little or no satellite signal, the evo does pop up a message indicating on low home point accuracy. So my guess is once the Evo gets a lock on satellite signal, sets that as it's home point. Even without motors running. I don't do RTH. To me it's another way to lose your drone. If signal is lost, I wait until I regain signal and land manually. I never let my drones run on fumes, as this is another great way to lose it.

Reactions: KeyMB
Did you try re-calibrating the compass to see if that makes a difference? This drone is pretty solid in it's RTH function. If you lose signal long enough, it will RTH automatically. If you wish to manually take over it's RTH, You have to over-ride the RTH with the pause button on the RC. I have had mine be pretty accurate even on a weak GPS signal though. Do you allow it 10 secs or so at about 30' to hover above the home point before you fly off? That seems to make a difference for some. I personally do it that way, and it has been accurate to within inches. All that said, I have not encountered your issue with my Evo.

Reactions: KeyMB and Ansia
Appreciate the responses. After flying for a few cycles of my 3 batteries, I do see that it is still accurate as to pinpointing it’s takeoff even with the weak gps warnings. I do all the necessary pre-flight and flight procedures. 15-18 SATs, hover height, etc. It was more of just figuring his drone out in comparison to what I’ve owned. So far so good I can say. My only true con for it, is I like to be able to have my sticks not as sensitive on control initiations. DJI I could get fairly dead sticks when filming. I understand EXP is adjustable with the Evo, but it doesn’t fully do what I like. No complaint as it will make me more precise flying it myself. I also know of PRECISION but that is a lot slower. I was somewhere in between where it sits now and the precision flight mode

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58