Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Return to Home Function Different from DJI Phantom 4

Sunny Skies

Reaction score
I recently bought an Autel Evo 2 Pro 6k.
I've flown 6 times, and so far I'm pretty happy with it.
I have been flying a DJI Phantom 4 v2 Pro for about 4 years.

One thing I noticed with the Evo 2 is that the Return to Home function kicked in and started flying the drone back to its take off spot,
when there was 30% battery left. With the Phantom, it would beep and then I would fly back on my own. The Phantom only took over flying
when the battery was super low. Also wtih the Phantom I could cancel Return to Home and fly it myself.

I know I can set the battery warning levels. Does the first battery warning level, send the craft back?

Does the Evo 2 Pro 6K have a way to cancel the Return to Home, assuming battery level isn't super low?
When I'm in a congested place, I'd rather be flying it than have it on auto mode.

I've initiated and cancelled RTH many times, use the cancel button for 3 seconds (sideways red = button)
I don't fly with google or apple, so results may very

You can also hit the “cancel “ icon that usually shows up in the middle of the app screen. A tap to that will stop the RTH and you can take over from there. Yes, the first level initiates low battery RTH. Second level is critical low and when the drone will begin to automatically land no matter where it is. You cannot disable or cancel the automatic landing at that point.

Last edited:
You can also change the setting to something less than 30%; I have mine set to 25%.

I recently bought an Autel Evo 2 Pro 6k.
I've flown 6 times, and so far I'm pretty happy with it.
I have been flying a DJI Phantom 4 v2 Pro for about 4 years.

One thing I noticed with the Evo 2 is that the Return to Home function kicked in and started flying the drone back to its take off spot,
when there was 30% battery left. With the Phantom, it would beep and then I would fly back on my own. The Phantom only took over flying
when the battery was super low. Also wtih the Phantom I could cancel Return to Home and fly it myself.

I know I can set the battery warning levels. Does the first battery warning level, send the craft back?

Does the Evo 2 Pro 6K have a way to cancel the Return to Home, assuming battery level isn't super low?
When I'm in a congested place, I'd rather be flying it than have it on auto mode

Someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but my understanding is that the EVO II engages the RTH function when it estimates there is only enough battery life to return to its point of origin. So depending on how far away you've flown, this will effect at what battery level it decides to engage the automated RTH function.

Low Aircraft Battery Level Failsafe will be activated in either of the following low battery conditions.

A. The aircraft continually calculates the battery level required for the aircraft to return to the home point. If the battery level reaches the minimum level required for the aircraft to return to the home point, a notice will appear on the Autel Explorer app. Failsafe will be activated and the Go Home process will be initiated. Again, you can regain control of the aircraft by pressing the Pause Button.

B. When the aircraft's battery level reaches the 25% threshold, you’ll receive a Low Battery Warning and Failsafe will be activated, after which the aircraft will automatically return home. If you retake control of the aircraft, you’ll receive a Critically Low Battery Warning when the battery reaches 15%, and the aircraft will automatically land in its current position. If landing in the current position may result in an emergency, you can press the Pause Button to halt the landing and fly it to the nearest possible safe landing site.

• If the aircraft is within 50 horizontal meters (150 feet) from the home point when your aircraft battery level reaches 25% (Low Battery Warning), the aircraft will not perform the Go Home procedure.

If you cancel return to home, the drone will alert you when you are at you set levels and begin to auto land at critical low.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy