Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Replacement Wiring harness.

ACJunior

Reaction score
Looks like I need a replacement wiring harness, I checked Autel, the small replacement kit is out of stock. Other sites, same deal. Anyone know where I can get a replacement pin connection?

7Adc5fq.jpg

Sorry, never mind. I was able to get a hold of Autel and they took care of it. I didn't expect a reply THAT fast :)

So what happened to your cable? Was it damaged in a crash?
On the old one are there any numbers on the connector that you can see? Pretty sure its some kind of 12 pin JST connector but without a number it would be pretty hard to identify. I have rebuilt 4 pins before on my other drone cameras. There are youtube videos showing you how to do it.

The best way to always contact Autel is with a phone call.

What you are referring to is more of a 'Ribbon Cable' than a wiring harness. A wiring harness interconnects ALL the components on the aircraft.

What you are referring to is more of a 'Ribbon Cable' than a wiring harness. A wiring harness interconnects ALL the components on the aircraft.
Yeah, I was a bit confused when I saw on this page X-Star Series Small Parts Replacement Kit - they call it "wiring harness"
When I sent the email I called it that, but also said "12-Pin Gimbal Cable" as it states on the youtube video

Anyway, the email reply was extremely fast and the issue was resolved. Usually I have to wait about 1 hour / 90 min. for a reply.

Reactions: SplashNcrash
So what happened to your cable? Was it damaged in a crash?
On the old one are there any numbers on the connector that you can see? Pretty sure its some kind of 12 pin JST connector but without a number it would be pretty hard to identify. I have rebuilt 4 pins before on my other drone cameras. There are youtube videos showing you how to do it.

Yeah it was a crash. Don't even know why or how it happened, right now I suspect some kind of interference ( ? - only a guess. - I didn't have a heads up on my app with "compass abnormal," or a "lost connection," the setting on my RC was on GPS - but it's the second time since mid March this exact problem happened with no warning.

The whole issue happened pretty fast. I took it up Tuesday around 6pm, sunny, warm, no wind what so ever. An area where I have flown well over 100 times since lastA April with no problems. But I immediately noticed it just looked erratic as it was hovering at 25-30ft, didn't like the way that looked so I went to bring it down. Suddenly it turned and nosedived into the ground. I thought the darn thing was totaled as the bottom camera, gimbal separated from the top part of the hosing that connects to the XSP body, 12 pin dangling. 2 propellers completed destroyed, other 2 beyond saving. Once I got home and looked it, it was simply the 12 pin cable damaged, all 12 tiny wires, metal connections came out of the holes, the white connector above the camera was still connected. Other than a few very minor scuffs on the shell, that was pretty much the extent of the damage. After dealing with Autel, they are shipping out the small parts kit. I powered up the XSP with no props to see if everything worked. It did.

I then tackled the pin connector - to see if I can reinsert each wire back into the holes. That worked as well (talk about precision, if I was over caffeinated, hands skaing..no way i could have done that..lol) But it's not perfect right now, I'll work on that later - but it was enough to have Starlink read it, to see if the camera on my drone was messed up. Camera works fine thank god! By then it was 10pm. I was itching to test it to see if there were any problems with flight and did yesterday, Thew on new propellers, took a very low level flight over thick grass and it flew perfectly fine. The camera still works, pans down, takes video, pics etc. So right now - knock on wood - I feel lucky.

Just a tad mind boggling, like I said I don't know what caused this. (I had a similar problem LAST May..even though that caused no damage externally, it screwed up something inside and I had to sent it to Autel) But this also happened in March, as soon as I took off..I pretty much had absolute no control and it flew off to the right into a snowbank. No damage and thankful that snow was there.

I love flying this, the photos, the footage I can get. Heck I love how strong the shell is after some ugly looking crashes. But what really frustrates me with this is how unpredictable this thing can be at times, the unexplainable no control problem. Erratic hovering at times. I make sure I calibrate the compass every time I fly, I recall after the FW update we didn't have to do this, I do it just for piece of mind. And just 24 hours prior to this, I had an amazing 45+ min smooth flight over empty soccer fields (I took on a job to get footage for a promo video the local Soccer club is doing)

I suppose ALL drones have this? I honestly don't know, this is the only one I've owned, I never owned a DJI, other brands. So I can't compare.

Just went on Autel's website, and while a parts kit with the harness, and reasonably priced at $20, they want to charge $21 for UPS ground shipping. I emailed Autel to ask if that's an error. That's insane!
So, I emailed the company this morning, and they have already replied. They prepared an invoice for me to pay for my order with free shipping! Very cool of them! Amazingly quick service

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58