Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

remote disconnected-updated with fix

boatdoc

Reaction score
Having issue s when I go to fly the EVO lite and nano+. the aircrafts are fine and work well *** do the remotes

However when I connect the phone (iphone 13)and open the sky app, I get " remote disconnected" announcement. . Not having the ability to monitor battery levels... and of course not being able to us e ludicrous mode is not what I want at all

I have uninstalled and the reinstalled the sky app. then tested at home ==the drones and remotes work well and all is connected as it should be. Then I go to the airfield..." remote disconnected" again

Autel just states" we never heard of this" no help, no suggestions.

Ok , after going round and round with Autel CS, they finally admitted the update for the sky app firmware is at fault.

here is what I did to be able to use the original sky app( without updates).I use an iphone

1. DELETE the sky app by pressing andholding the icon until the 3 choices appear. CHOOSE DELETE this app. do not uninstall.

2 reinstall a fesh app fromthe app store

3 test the drone and remote with the new install
be aware that the sky app will go directly intothe camera mode(no mission option is available for now) but it all works!!!

to conplicate matters, I have been dealing with a CS rep with a bad attitude. First the guy wants me to send a video of the remote telling me " remote disconnected"--HELLO!!! I am using my phone to connect to the faulty sky app how do I take a video of my phone( screen) displaying " remote disconnected" messages with this phone ? then his attitude gets worse about nowhen I point out that I cannot supply a video of a screen while using the phone to fly the drone !!

NOW he finally admits that their firmware is defective but wants me to upload it via a sd card and supplies me with a link that doe s not work!!! really? I have ZERO faith that his method would make things work right and zero faith in any Autel " upgrades> My Nano+ Evo Lite and their remotes were BRAND NEW a couple of weeks ago . everything worked until the software upgraded.

Instead I use d my method to get the drones and the their remotes to use the original sky app ( no updates) to get the camera mode to work with my evo lite and nano+

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gflys