Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Remote controller- fans loud while charging?

SteveNunez

Reaction score
Hey guys, I received my EVO today and have yet to fly it as I'm charging the radio.
I recall running across info somewhere stating the 'radio' emits loud fan noises when charging and this is reduced when the new firmware is applied. While I am an iOS user I do have a Samsung tablet and connected it to the EVO to see if a "firmware" update message would popup but no message appeared so I'm assuming I have the latest FW......do you guys still have somewhat loud fan noises present when charging the remote?
Thanks in advance to replies....really looking forward to flying the EVO (sold my Mavic-!)

The first time I charged mine it was the same, pretty loud. Can't recall after the update, but I can still hear it, just not as loud. My charger gets smokin hot to the touch too.

Reactions: Phillyjon
Slight off-topic but is the RC suppose to be loud when operational regularly? Mine makes somewhat of a grinding noise depending on orientation, and I'm concerned the fan is faulty and will fail in due course. The fan on the Mavic whilst audible, is somewhat muted in comparison, orientation doesnt make much difference either.. Concerned I got a faulty RC.

Slight off-topic but is the RC suppose to be loud when operational regularly? Mine makes somewhat of a grinding noise depending on orientation, and I'm concerned the fan is faulty and will fail in due course. The fan on the Mavic whilst audible, is somewhat muted in comparison, orientation doesnt make much difference either.. Concerned I got a faulty RC.
I would call Autel. My controller makes no kind grinding noise. The thing most audible is the hum of the fans and to me at least, it’s not an overly loud sound.

I would call Autel. My controller makes no kind grinding noise. The thing most audible is the hum of the fans and to me at least, it’s not an overly loud sound.

Mine unfortunately has deteriorated to some sort of grinding noise. Not looking good considering this is my first autel product.

I would most definitely call autel. One thing that I know from experience sets them apart is their willingness to work with a customer. No one wants a new product that’s faulty but it definitely happens no matter the manufacturer. Call them up!

I would most definitely call autel. One thing that I know from experience sets them apart is their willingness to work with a customer. No one wants a new product that’s faulty but it definitely happens no matter the manufacturer. Call them up!

Yep to their credit they respond promptly but the thought of being without my drone for a few weeks while this gets sorted out shipping back and forth for a brand new device doesn't sit well with me. I bought mine in Australia where they have just recently opened shop so I'd be curious to see if they offer the same level of service as they have in the USA (which by all accounts seems positive).

The sound it makes sounds like a worn sleeve bearing fan you might find in an old CPU/computer. I'm aware sleeve bearing don't last as long as ball bearing fans but they don't typically fail in the first day. Sounds like I just got unlucky here..

Ideally just hoping they can send me out a replacement RC and I can send back the faulty one as the bird itself seems fine (so far :).

Reactions: Phillyjon
Yep to their credit they respond promptly but the thought of being without my drone for a few weeks while this gets sorted out shipping back and forth for a brand new device doesn't sit well with me. I bought mine in Australia where they have just recently opened shop so I'd be curious to see if they offer the same level of service as they have in the USA (which by all accounts seems positive).

The sound it makes sounds like a worn sleeve bearing fan you might find in an old CPU/computer. I'm aware sleeve bearing don't last as long as ball bearing fans but they don't typically fail in the first day. Sounds like I just got unlucky here..

Ideally just hoping they can send me out a replacement RC and I can send back the faulty one as the bird itself seems fine (so far :).
Hope it works out for you, that’s no fun at all!

Hope it works out for you, that’s no fun at all!

Thanks, I'm hoping so too, the fan has completely died now. Wondering if I should just cut my losses and get a refund if they're going to make me wait weeks to replace something that's brand new..

Thanks, I'm hoping so too, the fan has completely died now. Wondering if I should just cut my losses and get a refund if they're going to make me wait weeks to replace something that's brand new..
You gotta do what’s best for you that is a long wait. I’m in the states so my situation is different t. I’d give them a chance see if they can expedite shipping!

Only took them 6 weeks to replace the RC, I was without the drone the entire time. Not the best customer service IMO.

Only took them 6 weeks to replace the RC, I was without the drone the entire time. Not the best customer service IMO.

That sucks. I had a different issue with my remote and I had a new one within days. Perhaps there is a stock issue?

Hey guys, I received my EVO today and have yet to fly it as I'm charging the radio.
I recall running across info somewhere stating the 'radio' emits loud fan noises when charging and this is reduced when the new firmware is applied. While I am an iOS user I do have a Samsung tablet and connected it to the EVO to see if a "firmware" update message would popup but no message appeared so I'm assuming I have the latest FW......do you guys still have somewhat loud fan noises present when charging the remote?
Thanks in advance to replies....really looking forward to flying the EVO (sold my Mavic-!)
"Loud" is relative and subject. Just like when some people say something is hot and other people think it's just warm. The fan does come on, it's supposed to. However what you call loud may not even be noticeable to me or others. I mean if it's so damn loud that it's shaking your house, then Yea that's loud. But mine just has a gentle hum. But I can hear it. Happy flying everyone....

That sucks. I had a different issue with my remote and I had a new one within days. Perhaps there is a stock issue?

Perhaps but in my case the unit was <7days old. They should have just replaced the entire drone with another unit entirely instead of leaving the customer without their newly purchased device >30days. Not even DJI was that bad. Out in Aussie land however Autel choices are a little limited as we only have the website to purchase from and from my experience the support bares absolutely no resemblance to that being offered in the USA. I pity anyone else who had to go through this length of delay for something so new and expensive should it break down.
The new RC fan is also "loud" but hasnt broken down yet like the other one did in a matter of days of usage. What makes it so loud is choice of (cheap?) fan and its location which makes it easier to hear than the fan in the Mavic RC.

Take a look at the RC opened up. The tiny fan is right there, close to you...could be that the original was knocking against the fan wires for some reason. Evo Controller Mods

Take a look at the RC opened up. The tiny fan is right there, close to you...could be that the original was knocking against the fan wires for some reason. Evo Controller Mods

Quite possibly so, or perhaps the fan bearing failed prematurely. In any case I did not feel like voiding my warranty only 3 days in.

Looks like the 2nd RC might be exhibiting same issues. Noisy Fan, now its started making the creaking noises again intermittently... :( I cant seem to get a frickin' break :(

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials