Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo Controller Mods

Wayne Maine

Reaction score
I have installed a 4 Hawks antenna on my Controller and my Tablet mount. Been very windy and cold so no testing yet.368736883689368736883689

Reactions: BradM75
That is so funny you just posted this. I am in the process of installing the Titan Drones Atlas system on the Evo controller. The Atlas system is boosted, (now called the Switch system which is slightly different) and I think will work well with the EVO. Easy on and off, so easy to run boosted or non-boosted. I already had this for my DJI Mavic, so figured I would adopt it for the Evo.
Boosted and non-boosted is the way to go for better reception in noisy areas. I don't need to fly miles away, but this type of mod just give you reassurance that you will be getting the best reception from your drone. Another execptional antenna is the FPVLR "boobies". lol. Fantastic reception, and I think they may be a little more forgiving as far as the beam spread as compared to the flat panels. Either way...can't go wrong!! Once I am done, I will also post some pics. For those thinking of doing this mod...opening the EVO RC is very, VERY easy as compared to the Mavic Pro RC. That is a pain in the a**.

What I'm more interest is the piece that unites the holder to the controller. Is that made by you or did you purchase it?

What I'm more interest is the piece that unites the holder to the controller. Is that made by you or did you purchase it?
It is something that I made. It works nice for me. It only takes a moment to attach or remove.3698

Reactions: Ansia
I finished the Titan Drones Atlas boosted mod last night. Need to test this weekend to make sure everything is working well. The Atlas was not made for the Autel Controller, so I had to mod it a bit. I used JB Weld to secure the antenna connectors coming out of the RC. JB Weld is fantastic and will hold a ton. Great stuff. The Antenna holes of the Evo RC are closer together than the Mavic, so I also had to adapt the mounting plate, but that was pretty easy. Opening the RC is a walk in the park. This whole mod is easy to do. I fly in very polluted wifi area and needed to boost my Mavics in order to fly not that far away. I do not fly extreme distances....I let others do that, like Dustin Dunnill from Maul, Hawaii. He does great, in depth reviews on youtube. With this setup, I now can use this setup on both RC's, the Mavic and Evo and switch them from one to the other in about a minute. The Titan system has a twist locking mechanism that is well thought out. The big square in front holds the boosters and battery. You can either keep that on and run boosted, or take it off and just attach the antenna straight onto the RC, depending on where you are flying. It does add quite a bit of weight, but I added a neck strap, and since doing that, it is quite comfortable to use. The rubber duck antenna are more for close flying, and do a great job of penetration of signal, but I am not a radio guy...the FPVLR antenna is more for distance, since the beam is concentrated like a flat panel antenna. There is a huge difference between the rubber duck antennas and the FPVLR on my Mavic setup, so I would expect the same for the EVO. I believe the EVO has 2 sunhan amps, but I have not opened it up to check.

Reactions: Ansia
interesting that you can use the tits on the Titan system. I have the Switch on my Inspire, and might do an install on the EVO, I just really have not found that I need connection help on the EVO, while the Inspire seems to be worse now after the Titans than when fully stock. Curious to know your results. I use LiftThor tablet holder I think will make it difficult to install the Switch.

Why?? Do you need or want to fly more than 3-4 miles out. You can't possibly see it that far so what's the point. And with that clunky thing on your controller it won't fit in any case for the Evo.

Why?? Do you need or want to fly more than 3-4 miles out. You can't possibly see it that far so what's the point. And with that clunky thing on your controller it won't fit in any case for the Evo.

For beginners when did i mention distance. It's for better video signal. And my as you say clunky thing it comes off in 10 seconds and it;s not CLUNKY. And to make you happy i have made another one for my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_0001 (5).JPG
    IMG_0001 (5).JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 47
For beginners when did i mention distance. It's for better video signal. And my as you say clunky thing it comes off in 10 seconds and it;s not CLUNKY. And to make you happy i have made another one for my phone.
Hey that looks pretty good... Why don't you make a couple more... I'll buy one from ya! I didn't mean to make you angry with my other post. I just don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with how far you can fly a drone. Even when I have people watching me with one of my drones the first thing they ask is "how far will that go". I don't get it.

I finished the Titan Drones Atlas boosted mod last night. Need to test this weekend to make sure everything is working well. The Atlas was not made for the Autel Controller, so I had to mod it a bit. I used JB Weld to secure the antenna connectors coming out of the RC. JB Weld is fantastic and will hold a ton. Great stuff. The Antenna holes of the Evo RC are closer together than the Mavic, so I also had to adapt the mounting plate, but that was pretty easy. Opening the RC is a walk in the park. This whole mod is easy to do. I fly in very polluted wifi area and needed to boost my Mavics in order to fly not that far away. I do not fly extreme distances....I let others do that, like Dustin Dunnill from Maul, Hawaii. He does great, in depth reviews on youtube. With this setup, I now can use this setup on both RC's, the Mavic and Evo and switch them from one to the other in about a minute. The Titan system has a twist locking mechanism that is well thought out. The big square in front holds the boosters and battery. You can either keep that on and run boosted, or take it off and just attach the antenna straight onto the RC, depending on where you are flying. It does add quite a bit of weight, but I added a neck strap, and since doing that, it is quite comfortable to use. The rubber duck antenna are more for close flying, and do a great job of penetration of signal, but I am not a radio guy...the FPVLR antenna is more for distance, since the beam is concentrated like a flat panel antenna. There is a huge difference between the rubber duck antennas and the FPVLR on my Mavic setup, so I would expect the same for the EVO. I believe the EVO has 2 sunhan amps, but I have not opened it up to check.
View attachment 3699View attachment 3700View attachment 3701View attachment 3702View attachment 3703View attachment 3704View attachment 3705
Are those antennas screw on or snap?

Are those antennas screw on or snap?
Titan makes quick connect connectors, so they snap on and off. Very fast. Seconds to take everything off the RC if you don't need a boosted signal for where you want to fly. It's a well thought out system. I don't need this for distance, more for flying in high WiFi polluted areas. My earlier post, I said that I had to modify the holes in the RC after taking the stock antennas out. The holes are too small for the Titan antenna connects so I drilled them a bit larger and used JB Weld to hold the new antenna connects in there. OMG...that stuff is the bomb! With the full Titan system connected it is weighty and the entire weight is on the new antenna connects. ITS ROCK SOLID. I did some testing this past week, and flew out over 2 miles, and could have gone much further, but thats for other people to do. Solid connection all the way, with full bars, both with the long antennas and the "boobie" FPVLR antenna. I have yet to test this setup unboosted. I am curious if just changing the antenna to a better one will be ok to fly in high WiFi areas. As most of you...never really had a problem with the EVO and disconnects, but had the system, so wanted to mod to use it if I wanted to.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34