Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Rejuvenated X-Star Battery with DC Power Supply

Gibber1956

Reaction score
I finally pulled out my X Star Premium after letting it sit for 18 months plus and one of the 2 batteries I have would not charge. The green power light would just blink. I followed the directions on on of the battery threads used my DC power supply to put 6 volts for 10 sec, then 8 colts for 10 sec, and then 12V for 10 sec. I attached it to the Autel charger and it charged up! Just put it in the drone and it it shows 98 percent battery life. Shall see what it does once I fly it....thanks for the info....

Mark

Reactions: Tufargon
How did the battery perform,and what type of charger did you use? I have been wanting to try this also, but I don't have another charger except my Autel battery charger.

How did the battery perform,and what type of charger did you use? I have been wanting to try this also, but I don't have another charger except my Autel battery charger.
I have a side business repairing old Mopar automotive instrument clusters so I have a DC power supply that I can adjust the voltage output.

I have a side business repairing old Mopar automotive instrument clusters so I have a DC power supply that I can adjust the voltage output.
Ahhh, I see, so basically any variable voltage power supply, what about hooking up the POS and NEG terminals, how did you do that,and which is which? Thanks

Ahhh, I see, so basically any variable voltage power supply, what about hooking up the POS and NEG terminals, how did you do that,and which is which? Thanks
There is a thread on here that shows a picture of what terminal is positive. The battery I rejuvenated has been flown 2 times so far and I’m getting 20 plus minutes of flight time.

Reactions: last_xstarfighter
This worked like a charm just like the OP said. After jump starting my batteries in this manner they were immediately recognized by the Autel charger and I'm now waiting for them to charge. I will update once they are finished and I have a chance to fly them.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d