Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

reflective tape, update photos added

hummerbk

Reaction score
I want to put reflective tape on my EVO to aid in recovery. I figure I could go look at night with a powerful flashlight and stand a good chance of finding it.
My concern is that the tape might interfere with some sensor or GPS etc. Are there any areas where I should avoid putting tape? Where are the best areas to place it? I'm assuming in a crash it could end up in any position so the tape should be visible in any position. Where are the best spots to tape?image0.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, I probably wouldn't put it anywhere near the GPS sensor (top-front of the drone under the orange casing or along the bottom where it might interfere with some of the sensors, but I would think anywhere along the side of the body or on the foldable arms would be o.k.

Is your drone not bright orange mate? ?
Doesn't matter what color it is at night. With a bright enough flashlight you could probably see the reflective tape from 200 or more yards.

I put red reflective tape on top of the batteries and silver on the arms and sides of the battery. It lights up like a Christmas tree when hit with a light, even in daylight!

Last edited:
Couldn't figure out how to upload photos. Just shows a block entitled compressed zip.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE