Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Record Holder

Are there anyone out there that can beat my record of 80 years old on this forum? :)

I'm not even close but that's awesome, most 80yr olds in my area get really cranky when they see me setting up a drone for a flight; let alone owning or actually flying one. But I can't blame them, a lot of really inconsiderate people with drones live in FL.

I'm not even close but that's awesome, most 80yr olds in my area get really cranky when they see me setting up a drone for a flight; let alone owning or actually flying one. But I can't blame them, a lot of really inconsiderate people with drones live in FL.
I guess I can understand that maybe. But I get cranky when I can't fly!

That has been my experience with those in the neighborhood of 80 as well. Most of them don't know how to use the internet and reluctantly learned how to use the basic call functions of a smart phone.

Different generations from a simpler time. I can understand their viewpoint. The world changed more in their lifetimes than most previous generations going back thousands of years. Big leap in technology from horse and buggy to sending robots to Mars in just a short 140 years.

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
That has been my experience with those in the neighborhood of 80 as well. Most of them don't know how to use the internet and reluctantly learned how to use the basic call functions of a smart phone.

Different generations from a simpler time. I can understand their viewpoint. The world changed more in their lifetimes than most previous generations going back thousands of years. Big leap in technology from horse and buggy to sending robots to Mars in just a short 140 years.

Horses and buggies were still well in use in the early 1900's. Hell, we had horse cavalries in play in WWI.

That being said, parts of the world are still there... Get off my lawn you crazy hackers! Hackers In Africa Are Building Their Own Aircraft

Horses and buggies were still well in use in the early 1900's. Hell, we had horse cavalries in play in WWI.

That being said, parts of the world are still there... Get off my lawn you crazy hackers! Hackers In Africa Are Building Their Own Aircraft
The transition from the horse and buggy with dirt roads to noisy cars and paved roads was another big change to get used to. Not as big as the analog age to the digital age but probably felt equally unsettling at the time. That's why I used the 140 year number. Most the big changes happened in the last 100 years. The industrial age was another growth spurt that I'm sure many people didn't like.

In the last 30+ years the Internet creeped into then dominated our lives in so many ways; many not so good. I think it made people rude at times kinda like how living in a hugely dense population will make people cold and uncaring about people they don't know.

Those who didn't embrace the use of the Internet and even resented it likely felt left behind because as we know; people tend to dislike or fear things they don't understand. Not always of course but there is a tendency toward it. This may be why some people really don't like drones.

It must be challenging and even scary for young people today to compete and get ahead but then I guess it has always been that way to some degree. There's much more to know these days. Change seems to happen much faster. Adapt or get left behind I guess.

Reactions: verticalflyer

And that makes me wonder what the next step is going to be and if it will be well after I want to even worry about. I had access to early computers(mainly apple) in elementary school and followed the trend by my own means. The generation growing into adulthood then and those like myself only had access to knowledge that could be provided by libraries or commercially pushed and peddled encyclopedias that were curated by companies owned by people with an agenda.

Enter the age of free flow of information and ideas. The "wild west" of the information age. That was a short, hot, flash in the pan and then now, we're right back to the same place. Media curated and pushed by people with an agenda and a whole new generation that's grown up and only knows just that. Young kids today don't have it any harder, or easier, than before other than they can pull up some random app and find an answer to any question without having to stand eye to eye to someone and humbly and inquisitively ask.

I loved the internet before www ?
my kids are now 40, they still talk about how they were on the web before their friends knew there was one

haha. It was a good time. A real darn good time. I'm about the age of your kids but yet my dad still buys stuff "off line" when it was purchased online.

The transition from the horse and buggy with dirt roads to noisy cars and paved roads was another big change to get used to. Not as big as the analog age to the digital age but probably felt equally unsettling at the time. That's why I used the 140 year number. Most the big changes happened in the last 100 years. The industrial age was another growth spurt that I'm sure many people didn't like.

In the last 30+ years the Internet creeped into then dominated our lives in so many ways; many not so good. I think it made people rude at times kinda like how living in a hugely dense population will make people cold and uncaring about people they don't know.

Those who didn't embrace the use of the Internet and even resented it likely felt left behind because as we know; people tend to dislike or fear things they don't understand. Not always of course but there is a tendency toward it. This may be why some people really don't like drones.

It must be challenging and even scary for young people today to compete and get ahead but then I guess it has always been that way to some degree. There's much more to know these days. Change seems to happen much faster. Adapt or get left behind I guess.

That's so true. I'm 65 and have always been interested in technology. Started out building Heathkit electronics projects. I've supplemented my income over the years by building and repairing computers. Maybe it's my age but I fear that we have let too much technology into our lives and allowed some of the evil tech companies to have too much control. If an evil empire detonates an EMP over your city, will you survive without electricity, cell phones and Internet?

Reactions: Eagle928
I was born 1933 and flying drones, even as a commercial pilot, keeps me alert and happy. One thing I really dislike is age discrimination. I was 86 when I took my exam as commercial drone operator at a college under Lund University in Sweden after one years study and I still fulfill my job as drone pilot at my own little firm CeeBee Byggkonsult. I do not care so much about records but I really think of flying many more years.

I was born 1933 and flying drones, even as a commercial pilot, keeps me alert and happy. One thing I really dislike is age discrimination. I was 86 when I took my exam as commercial drone operator at a college under Lund University in Sweden after one years study and I still fulfill my job as drone pilot at my own little firm CeeBee Byggkonsult. I do not care so much about records but I really think of flying many more years.
I hope to follow in your very deep foot steps. Seriously! That is great. I have parents your age and they are not cognitive enough to fly a drone and many other things. Healthy otherwise.

Reactions: ElectricPickle

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dandandan