Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

really bad result.

brossalam

Reaction score
I need your help,Evo 2 pro v2 see photo please I just made a video tonight of fireworks and it's really ugly compared to others I did in the summer, the night photo and video are always scrambled,

I don't know in which set-up I touched to have a really bad result.

Attachments

• ete 1.jpg
    ete 1.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 19
  • MAX_0042.JPG
    MAX_0042.JPG
    225.1 KB · Views: 18
  • MAX_0043.JPG
    MAX_0043.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 15
  • ni1.jpg
    ni1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 13
  • ni2.jpg
    ni2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 15
It looks like your ISO is too high and some of the shots are out of focus. Below are the night fireworks settings that I recommend. No camera can focus in total darkness and fireworks appearing out of nowhere does not give a camera time to focus so to keep it from going out of focus you need to keep some kind of a lit reference point in the frame at all times. If you watch the video below you will see how I kept lit objects for the camera to focus on at all times.

You simply cannot aim any camera up at a pitch black sky and expect it to stay in focus. You could switch to MF and set the focus to infinity, but its one more thing to deal with while in the air so I just use a focusing reference point instead. When I shoot fireworks shows from the ground, since I have to aim up from there I switch to MF and focus on something on the ground that is approximately below where the fireworks will be shot off (while there is still some lighting). I then do not change focus until the show is over. I also use a wider lens to achieve a deeper DOF.

Best Night Video Fireworks Settings
Aperture: F2.8
ISO: 800
WB: 3600K
Shutter: 1/30
Framerate: 30FPS
Color Profile: LOG

Here is a sample fireworks show that I shot with the EVO II 6K with those settings:

Regarding fireworks photos with any brand of drone... you will always have poor results due to the needed exposure and time requirements. In the OPs photos above, they are blurry for two simultaneous reasons...

1) As @herein2021 gave a solution for, you need to have your focus distance set to infinity.

2) The second factor contributing to the overall lack of sharpness is motion blur, which cannot be properly corrected with a drone at night. To correct motion blur, you need a high shutter speed... which will result in significant underexposure under nighttime lighting conditions.

Fireworks photos are best captured with a long exposure of 2-3 seconds so the camera captures the entire arc of the fireworks, as they expand from their central point.

Unfortunately, the only solution for these conditions, is a ground based camera on a tripod with a long exposure... any drone that is hovering, is reasonably steady for shorter shutter speeds... but by no definition, motionless.

thank you both for the answers, in the summer of my first experience he was much more beautiful than his.

but it's no big deal, I'll have the chance to recover.

For the moment I'm going to do some night outings to familiarize myself with the good setup brought to the darkness, it's going to help a lot.

and I am however happy with my sound recording with the sound of the sea and the sound of the drone in the background.

In your sample video it is still out of focus and pretty far away. If you are going to stay that far away I would just get a telephoto lens and regular camera and film them from the ground. The main benefit of filming from a drone is being able to get up close and personal. Of course before you do that take care to identify the direction of the fireworks, spectators, and the maximum altitude of the fireworks (typically around 200' AGL). Also, 90% of the camera's FOV is the sky, for better results you will need to get a lot closer and get at least 75% of the ground in the FOV to achieve good focus and a better result.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials