Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

RC Disconnect What Then

Kinross36

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what the Evo 11 does when it looses signal with the remote, I cant seem to find anything in the settings. Coming from the DJI drones I get the option to set a preference for lost signal such as Land, Hover or Return to Home. My job has me flying in vegetated urban streams and sometimes under bridges so in the event of a RC disconnect return to home is not going to be an option for me.

what the Evo 11 does when it looses signal with the remote
my understanding, the AC executes a RTH. never had it happen, I fly in areas like you describe, I'm constantly looking UP to ensure IF it does, it can

my understanding, the AC executes a RTH. never had it happen, I fly in areas like you describe, I'm constantly looking UP to ensure IF it does, it can
have you tried to practice this? ensure your settings are correct. go to a big wide open flat area during a very calm sunny day, maybe buy some insurance for the day, hover your drone at 50 feet up and 100 feet away (or outside the minimum, I forget), make sure your battery is nearly depleted then turn off your remote; see what happens.

Reactions: Mark Kuzio
According to Autel support a RTH is initiated. Be aware, however, that if you are at maximum 400 ft altitude and you have an obstacle of greater than that height in the direct flight path of RTH, your drone will hover at that obstacle until the battery depletes. Result: lost drone. One of my losses occurred for that reason. RTH is the most direct path not the path you flew into the RTH location.

My failures, to date, have been mine and not Autel.

Reactions: Mark Kuzio

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34