Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Raw DNG Examples?

gatorlangman

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am trying to find some raw photo examples with the Nano Plus Drone. I would like to see some 50mp photos as well as the 12mp photos. Another thread had a couple examples but were only 12mp.

This would help people decide on weather or not to buy the drone for photo purposes.

Nano + has a 12 MP camera.50 mp image is produced from the 12 MP RAW image with the help of computational photography,"pixel binning"etc, meaning in the software.It is a bigger file but I would not expect it to be a significantly more detailed file.
I agree with you that the detail isn't likely to be much better but it really does have a 50mp camera..... it works in reverse of what you posted. The standard mode of the camera is to take four pixels and combine them into one really big pixel leaving you with a 12.5mp image.

The 50mp image is much larger and can theoretically show more detail but is held back because the camera can't take advantage of a binned pixel's additional light gathering or the computational processing that the sensor was designed around. The 50mp shots will typically only look better on sunny days when the sensor doesn't need help from its processor.

I agree with you that the detail isn't likely to be much better but it really does have a 50mp camera..... it works in reverse of what you posted. The standard mode of the camera is to take four pixels and combine them into one really big pixel leaving you with a 12.5mp image.

The 50mp image is much larger and can theoretically show more detail but is held back because the camera can't take advantage of a binned pixel's additional light gathering or the computational processing that the sensor was designed around. The 50mp shots will typically only look better on sunny days when the sensor doesn't need help from its processor.
You are right ,I got it in reverse.I deleted my post

Anyone got a preset that changes the dng colours yet? Hopefully autel fixes this

Thanks, much appreciated. Any chance of doing a set of raw files with various ISO settings in the early evening or at night!? This is where it might really become intersting!
I'll keep it in mind, let me know what settings you want to see, be early next week though as im all droned out from mapping 740 acres and dodging eagle attacks

I'll keep it in mind, let me know what settings you want to see, be early next week though as im all droned out from mapping 740 acres and dodging eagle attacks
Ideally like to see pics of from around 50-100m height showing the dimly lid horizon and some artifical lights below (houses, street lights etc). And have a set of ISO settings - like from 100-3200.

That would be awesome of you. Happy mapping, sounds like a right chore!

Well the calibration still can't correct the yellow tint, guess we just have to post the raw images on the facebook pages for them to realise that there's an issue

Well the calibration still can't correct the yellow tint, guess we just have to post the raw images on the facebook pages for them to realise that there's an issue
I think they’re well aware they just don’t care. It’s not a “pro” drone after all , they probably think the majority will just be happy with Jpegs

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58